MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

What?

What? - Forums [Biker Match] What? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

What?

I have to upgrade to see people’s photos now?? 👎👎👎

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/07/2019 22:48  

A possible case of .... if it's not broke don't fix it !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/07/2019 00:55  

You didn't have to upgrade for people to see your photos, However a standard member is now only limited to 3 pictures

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 19/07/2019 06:45  

Trouble is, when Matt starts upgrading/spring cleaning he breaks more than he fixes 😂

----------------------------------------------------

Quote: Bigbobber

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/07/2019 10:53  

-so true !!! No wonder newbies come and go !!!---------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Trouble is, when Matt starts upgrading/spring cleaning he breaks more than he fixes 😂

Quote: Bigbobber

Update Reply
555byker @ 19/07/2019 10:57  

its all about the money these days.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/07/2019 12:53  

Matt hasn't got any, he's spent it all on BM, keeping it going.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/07/2019 17:06  

Some of the things Matt has put in place are what some Full Members have been discussing for a while. We can't complain about it, if it's what the Membership have asked for; standard members having the ability to look at full members pics was one of them (ie. Why should they have that without being a Full Member?)

Also the Offer Lift button on the Calendar events was another (which some folk moaned about not getting) but I haven't seen any offers yet... We can't moan about wanting things n then we get them they aren't used or then don't want them.

I'm sorry, but if you think I'm blowing smoke up Matt's arse, then so be it, but I can understand how he feels at times. Frustrating to say the least.

Rather than moaning on forums, why don't you PM Matt directly with your thoughts/suggestions and discuss possibilities/options?

As for newbies coming and going I know of a few female members who got inundated with unwanted sexual innuendo and attention rather than what was on their profiles 'friendship' ...they left heading for the hills!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 19/07/2019 18:30  

Standard members? Full members?....... sounds all a bit mcc?........ think if you've paid a subscription to what is after all a dating site for bikers?.... you ought to be able to see the profiles of members which obviously means photos? Or how is it supposed to work?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/07/2019 22:12  

That is the point bigbobber, the original complaint was the fact she had to pay to see more than 3 photo's. If no-one paid there would soon be no site to browse anyway.

Update Reply
Double six @ 19/07/2019 22:42  

My point is, something’s changed. I’m a standard member but haven’t been limited to see photos before. Just wondered why the change. Seems unnecessary and a push for full subscription which wasn’t there before.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/07/2019 08:12  

Doesn't sound anything like a mcc to me, more like if you pay for a product you expect more out of it than someone that hasn't put their hand in their pocket to help keep the site going.
We could ask Matt to change to titles from Full Members to Paid Members and Standard Members to Tight Members, however I don't think that's a good idea and I don't think it would go down to well.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 20/07/2019 08:33  

Elizabeth, the point I am trying to make is this, why should standard, non paying members have access to the full site on the back of those of us who are willing to fork out hard earned money to get that access? Go to any website offering these kinds of services and see how much access you get. You can read the forums, you can use the events calendar to find out who is going to what meet up/rally/camping weekend, who do you think pays for that to be accessible? If you want free membership and the capability to access everything on the site, send Matt a request offering to be an internet influencer extolling the benefits of joining BM in exchange for full and unfettered access to the site. Just signing up to BM doesn't entitle anyone to all it's content for free and gratis. If you wish to attend a rally organised by MAG, try asking them for a free ticket without offering to work as a marshall, somehow I don't think that would be fruitful.
My views on this subject are black and white, no grey area to get confused in. If you want full access then pay for it, if you don't want to pay for it you shouldn't expect to gain the full benefits that others do.

Update Reply
Double six @ 20/07/2019 08:33  

LMAO@Rags comment...…..Paid and Tight. Priceless! (no pun intended)

Update Reply
Double six @ 20/07/2019 08:35  

The idea if I remember correctly was to get more paid members so the site is more self sufficient and Matt didn't have to fill the site with adverts

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 20/07/2019 08:37  

Really? I'm amazed ... I thought it was to increase the overall moaning and complaining capacity on site. *Shocked* is me 😱😵😨

Quote:
The idea if I remember correctly was to get more paid members so the site is more self sufficient and Matt didn't have to fill the site with adverts

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 20/07/2019 10:40  

I have been putting my hand in my pocket for almost two years, hardly makes me tight!...not anyone else who's simply asking why change!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/07/2019 11:19  

on most internet sites you get nothing unless you pay and they charge a hell of a lot more than BM.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/07/2019 12:25  

Sorry there seems to be some misunderstanding here. I thought my other thread was very clear but maybe some of you missed it.

There are 3 levels of access to the site...

Guests (not logged in)... Zero access to photos

Standard members (logged in but not contributing)... Access HALF of ALL photos (not 3).

Full members (99p a week)... Access everything

BM is fully funded (non profit... Actually far from profit) by the few people who contribute. No adverts, no selling your data to 3rd parties etc. Good old fashioned membership model, no dodgy shit.

I make absolutely zero apologies for expecting people to contribute a few pence per week

Update Reply
Matt @ 20/07/2019 20:26  

Afraid so hun, even worse when it’s people who only put one picture

Update Reply
BristolRocka @ 14/08/2019 09:22  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email