MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Breakdown Cover Bike and Car

Breakdown Cover Bike and Car - Forums [Biker Match] Breakdown Cover Bike and Car - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Breakdown Cover Bike and Car

Would anybody care to comment on which recovery service for bike (and/or car) they're with and any good/bad experiences..?I've fallen out big time with Green Flag over something they never informed me about,so don't bother suggesting them,merci...:)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 01/07/2019 19:24  

Britannia Rescue, I have been with them since ‘85. I have personal cover, so any bike, car, camper van I’m on or in is covered ! They use a network of independent recovery companies or garages.
I may be able to get you a discount ? Jinx PM me if interested 👍

Update Reply
555byker @ 02/07/2019 19:35  

Opted for GEM Breakdown/Recovery,purely on ratings generated on the interwebnet by comparison websites....i'll let you all know how they perform if i need to call them out...btw,they don't set ANY age limit on your vehicles,something Green Flag moved the goalposts on,once i'd told them to shove it...let the buyer beware!!

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 04/07/2019 20:14  

POSTSCRIPT:Green Flag will NOT recover vehicles over 16 years old,says so in their terms and conditions and on their website...as ALL my bikes,and car,are older than this,there was no point staying with them...A pity,as they actually listened when i've broken down, and sent a bike recovery vehicle,not a van with tools for cars first,then a car transporter 2 hours later(RAC).Maybe i should carry spares,as well as tools...?Many of the folk i stopped to offer aid to on the Banbury Run said "Thanks,but we'll fix it okay!!"...:)>A lot to be said for vehicles from a simpler time?
(Bikes on the Banbury Run have to be pre 1930 cutoff date,see pictures on My Photos)

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 07/07/2019 08:42  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email