MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Watch the blind spots!

Watch the blind spots! - Forums [Biker Match] Watch the blind spots! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Watch the blind spots!

Are you just relying on your mirrors and your peripheral vision when riding and thinking l will be okay? If so, blind spots await - do your left and right shoulder, life save checks before turning left, right, changing lanes or direction and when overtaking. It only takes a few seconds and will reduce your chances of an accident significantly.

Update Reply
Aden24 @ 07/06/2019 13:50  

You are preaching to the perverted methinks.

Update Reply
Double six @ 07/06/2019 14:25  

Ah so that's why I like to wear leather, nothing to do with falling off my bike, it's because I'm kinky.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 07/06/2019 14:56  

pmsl!!

Update Reply
Double six @ 07/06/2019 15:00  

PS, I think you would be better off doing life savers before doing any change of direction, left, right, lane change etc, rather then when doing a change, If you wait until you are doing the change. It's a bit late.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 07/06/2019 15:03  

All round observation is a must, my eyes are never focused on just one point in front anyway, unless I am cornering in which case I am watching the vanishing point. Not knowing what is coming up behind isn't an option.

Update Reply
Double six @ 07/06/2019 15:16  

Ditto what Ragnar and 666 say, Lifesavers BEFORE any movement and all-round obs at all times.

Update Reply
Lulu7 @ 08/06/2019 21:20  

I know most riders do there obs checks, life saver checks and look beyond the vehicles in front but a reminder every now and then, can really make a difference -- thanks for all your views / comments and ride safe.

Update Reply
Aden24 @ 09/06/2019 08:17  

Safest way to wander around our wee island unscathed is to develop psychic powers,and think for everybody else too...most car (only) drivers' blind spots extend 200 miles ahead of their bonnet...lol

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 10/06/2019 12:27  

Good point though Jinx, we've not only got to manage our own blind spots but be aware of everyone else's too.

My car has a major blind spots caused by the A pillars (I bet yours has too). I know it's there so move my head to see round it.

The C pillars can be worse, the amount of times bikers hide in there is incredible. I can't see them or hear them (loud pipe or not). Sometimes we don't help ourselves!

So head check in a car too, there might be a lemming about!

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 10/06/2019 21:18  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email