MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Newbies Forum

Bloody stinging insects

Bloody stinging insects - Forums [Biker Match] Bloody stinging insects - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Newbies Forum /

Bloody stinging insects

It must be summer ....something flew up my jacket sleeve leaving it's stinger inbeded in my hand .......anyone else been stung and where....I probably ask for it as I never wear gloves in summer

Update Reply
Forky1340 @ 01/06/2019 14:32  

Had wasp stings by either ear, on seperate occaisions,both times wearing a full face lid....worst ever was a hornet which wriggled in the front of my old "lancer" style jacket and stabbed me in the upper chest 6 times before i could stop and undo jacket...bloody thing flew off too..talk about hit and run...pmsl

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 01/06/2019 17:07  

Don't know if it counts,but my mate John got badly bitten by a Jack Russell Terrier,which attacked him at a set of traffic lights...obviously didn't like Suzukis...haha

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 01/06/2019 17:09  

Years ago, on a really hot day a bee flew into my lid and stung me on my cheek bone, next day face was so swollen, I couldn't open my eye... And a few years ago was riding through Buxton, a wasp flew into my jacket and stung me on the collar bone... I stopped rather apruptly, opened my jacket, wasp fell on the hot engine and fried.... There is justice after all lol

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 01/06/2019 18:06  

Bloody hell never encountered a hornet or a flying jack russell been wearing an open face lid for 40 years lynn never been stung on the face ....i do ride a hornet maybe they think thats kin

Update Reply
Forky1340 @ 01/06/2019 21:01  

WML at Forky's comment about flying Jack Russell 🤣

Update Reply
Sandi @ 02/06/2019 16:12  

I lifted my visor at a coffee stop near Oban years ago, and every midge in Scotland decided they wanted a sample of English blood. They were fighting to get in!
Couldn't shift the buggers until I moved off again with the visor open.

Update Reply
Wills @ 04/06/2019 11:05  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email