MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Goatee beards!

Goatee beards! - Forums [Biker Match] Goatee beards! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Goatee beards!

Can someone tell me why goatee beards are so popular with (male!) bikers these days?! I've yet to meet a man who is flattered by one, and find full face beards much sexier...what do you think ladies? or have I no taste!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/05/2019 08:58  

I never grew a beard until last year, and that was a full set for a friends pirate themed wedding. I was surprised how well it turned out, but annoying in the hot summer sun. After the wedding I cut and trimmed it to a goatee but I think I am going to shave it back down to my trademark pancho style moustache. Beards are good for those who don't like shaving, (like me) but unless a hipster lifestyle is what a man is after, a styled moustache means less is more! Plus, helmet straps force the beard hair under the jaw into the flesh also causing irritation.

Update Reply
Double six @ 07/05/2019 09:24  

I certainly can't find any faults in your taste! 😎

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 07/05/2019 10:14  

Ha! Thank you IC!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/05/2019 12:56  

Goatee be,goatee do.lol...as i find i have no wish to be mistaken for our Harley riding brethren,i remain au naturale.....i find so many varieties of British Fauna and Flora (badgers,fieldmice,rooks and owls) in mine that it would be a shame to destroy another natural habitat....and before Double Six or anyone else asks,yes,i simply am too lazy to shave every year,never mind every day...i have applied the same commonsense approach to my head too...just a few years from now and i'll be truly walking on (h) air....lol
And all colour co-ordinated too....grey!!(it's the new black)..now if i could just find a way to stop it flowing from my nostrils and ears too...😆

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 07/05/2019 14:56  

Hilarious, Jinx! I think JML do a tool for nostril hair removal - £99.99 from Argos etc etc!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/05/2019 15:06  

Is it a Harley trend then? I wanna hear from a goatee sporting biker...why...oh why?!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/05/2019 15:11  

Had a goatee for years, but a very close cropped one. Decided to grow a full beard 18 months ago - but that’s close cropped too.
You’d think that a man in his 50s would be immune from spots, but every time I tried to grow it to 1/2” long I’d get a massive breakout underneath.
So now I’m somewhere between a full beard and full stubble....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/05/2019 15:31  

Full face beards are either old school bikers (natural , untrimed) or neatly manicured fashion one, popular with trendies and newbie bikers. Personaly ive always had a beard since leaving school. Never been without one. Used to have full one but went onto goatee prob 25/30 yrs ago ,although I let mine grow, 10" ! It used to be till I cut right back, but sont like it so growing it again , about 4" at the mo.
Check out.my profile pics youll see different sizes.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/05/2019 16:33  

Grew full beard for bearded theory around 5 years ago, got halfway down my chest. Now keep it trimmed using no 3 clippers. Saves shaving every day, tried goatee for a while but too much of a faf keeping it trimmed and shaving around it

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/05/2019 16:53  

I looked like Gandorf - so it had go🙄

Update Reply
Aden24 @ 07/05/2019 17:30  

I sincerely hope we hear from some of our lady members(!?) on this subject of growing(pun intended) interest...my facial fuzz is as soft as a stolen kiss..but do ladies prefer tickly or scratchy...??
And do we have any goateed ladies out there..?(in the interests of political correctness,everyone should have a shout..lol)
Lights blue touch paper and hastily withdraws..😆

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 07/05/2019 17:38  

The main reason I have a goatee it stops my face from looking ball shaped.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 07/05/2019 17:51  

I've done full beard, goatee and moustache only. An aversion to shaving is my main reason. When I had the goatee, loads of people told me I looked like James Hetfield. When I had a full beard, loads of people thought I was Scandanavian. The moustache just made me look like someone had crapped on my top lip.
I've now got a job where I have to be clean-shaven, so my facial topiary is a thing of the past.

Update Reply
NorthernMan1968 @ 07/05/2019 18:21  

Well Jinx I cant talk for all the women on here but I love beards, any kind including goatee 😊

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/05/2019 19:50  

I've certainly become attached to mine down the years..(groan)..last time i was clean shaven was back in the 80's..i had a notion to raise money for CLIC (Cancer and Leukemia In Children) so had my head totally shaved,hair,beard,moustache,eyebrows, at the Ducati Northern Rally...in front of a drunken crowd baying for blood and earlobes..rotten sods...blonde lass doing the barbering was shaking like a leaf in a hurricane,lol...my son burst into tears when i got home and took my lid off...oddly enough,it still has the same effect on folk now,pmsl..:)>>>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 07/05/2019 20:32  

Why go for half a beard, when you can have the full monty?!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/05/2019 21:32  

I do like a man with a beard but nicely kept, if long. Neat Goatees are my fav!

Sorry Babushka but you just have to accept it's each to their own and if we all liked the same thing the world would be a VERY boring one indeed 😁👍

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 07/05/2019 22:30  

You are so right linz. Personally I could have nothing to do with a woman sporting a better facial adornment than me.

Update Reply
Double six @ 07/05/2019 22:45  

Gawd dammit D6, guess that's me out of the running then! 😉😂

What if I adorned it with baubles ?😊

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 07/05/2019 22:49  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email