MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Moving

Moving - Forums [Biker Match] Moving - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Moving

If you felt strongly enough would you move to be with someone you recently met or would you expect them to move to where you are.?

Update Reply
smiler 2964 @ 03/05/2019 11:38  

In the last 6 years I've been on here there have been several failed relationships, where one or other of the parties have upped sticks n moved to be with the "Love of their life" and its fallen apart in a matter of months.

Although I do know that there have been other long and happy relationships.

Personally I wouldn't move for anyone I'd recently met. Sorry, but no matter how strongly I felt about them. I certainly wouldn't expect them to move in with me. 😱 Then again I don't want another relationship, so I'm probably biased! 😂

I've wasted well over half of my life on two blokes, one of whom I thought was the "Love of my life" ... How wrong could I be?

I suppose it's your own take on it.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 03/05/2019 12:43  

i certainly would not move for someone i had met recently nor would i expect them to either, the relationship would have to be rock solid for a long time before even thinking of it, but then again i am not looking for one, made that mistake years ago when i moved in with my then girlfriend, a mistake not to be repeated.

Update Reply
rocker21 @ 03/05/2019 13:31  

I repatriated from Holland in the late 90's to be with the woman I married only to find that 7yrs down the line we separated. At my age I am lucky to be settled in my own place and any thoughts of leaving are far from my mind. Equally, allowing someone to claim half of it fills me with dread. Relationships although a nice idea are not top of my agenda.

Update Reply
Double six @ 03/05/2019 14:28  

I think as most of our generation has gotten older most of us have our own space it's hard to relinquish it.
It's like having friends/family to stay. It's lovely having them there and you enjoy the time they are there but it's always nice to have your space back

And rocker I agree if in a relationship it would have rock solid

Update Reply
smiler 2964 @ 03/05/2019 14:41  

I moved a year into the relationship to be nearer my then boyfriend but not actually to live together, that evolved later on. I wouldn't do it after only a short time...

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 03/05/2019 16:58  

I wouldn't do it after a relatively short period either. Sometimes those early days can just be infatuation, which wears off.
Saying that, I'd be really happy to live with someone again. I miss waking up next to someone I love.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/05/2019 19:31  

to move is ok but dont give up your bolt hole rent it out make some cash but keep the roof for safety net after she bleeds you you dry you will need a roof

Update Reply
dubs @ 03/05/2019 19:32  

Oi! I object to that one dubs!! It works BOTH ways 😡

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 03/05/2019 19:46  

I would move but love trust respect must be the key.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/05/2019 20:35  

Hi what ever your decision, hope you both happy, and remember what ever is ment to be will not pass you by 🤗

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/05/2019 21:29  

Well seeing as I have just moved house, no. But also seeing as I am not looking for anyone currently I do not foresee it being an issue ever. In the past, depending on jobs etc I have moved to be nearer someone and vice versa but NOT straightaway moved in with them.
I personally think it is ok to move if you have known them long enough, have no firm ties to one place and have secured a new job in the area. Oh and keeping separate addresses is advisable (IMO) x

Update Reply
Lulu7 @ 08/05/2019 18:20  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email