MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Finding users (Username lookup)

Finding users (Username lookup) - Forums [Biker Match] Finding users (Username lookup) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Finding users (Username lookup)

I've just done a bit of tweaking to the Browse page so that you can easily find someone's profile. Basically, it searches dynamically/on-the-fly and returns relevant results instantly. See what you think...http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/profiles/browse.asp I know I for one was getting sick of not knowing exact usernames (Especially when some are full of numbers etc). You need a browser that supports Ajax, javascript & DHTML

Update Reply
Matt @ 18/01/2008 11:37  

thats much better matt, gosh your very clever aren't you...LOL

Update Reply
lula @ 18/01/2008 11:52  

ive made it a bit better too, just this second. I've stopped your history from showing up when you press a key (your internet explorer history for that box) because it overlapped the users on the page. I've also stopped the chatroom from remembering your previous posts, as again the browser-history was getting very annoying.

Update Reply
Matt @ 18/01/2008 11:55  

hehe im on a role today. Fixed some stuff that Kwak found in the matchmaker system. Also almost finished the new contact/support/ticket system over the past 2 days. Taken me months to build, but its gonna be good and it will make everything much simpler and more organised.

Update Reply
Matt @ 18/01/2008 11:56  

and you deleted my last rubbish half done post too.. it just gets better and better... must start promoting this site, LOL

Update Reply
lula @ 18/01/2008 11:57  

Smarty pants!

Update Reply
Di @ 18/01/2008 11:57  

LOL it wasn't me but im happy to take the credit haha

Update Reply
Matt @ 18/01/2008 12:05  

Oh no you don't!!!! It was me!!

Update Reply
Di @ 18/01/2008 12:34  

ummm how do i find a beer when i run out and im to parletic to walk to the shops ???

Update Reply
firebladekid @ 18/01/2008 12:40  

Send ya Mum!

Update Reply
Di @ 18/01/2008 12:46  

LOL Di well said

Update Reply
nina @ 18/01/2008 12:55  

fanx di.. i'm so forgetful, LOL. x

Update Reply
lula @ 18/01/2008 13:08  

Matt said:You need a browser that supports Ajax, javascript & DHTML ALL 3?? cos I got java but not ajax. The link doesn't look any different to what it usually does is that cos I aint go ajax? (I wish ya wouldn't fix stuff that aint broke.) *click clack NIT one purl one* lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/01/2008 19:55  

No, open that link (Or press browse at the top of any page). Scroll down to the Find User box. Now instead of having to enter an exact name, you just enter the first letters and you get the top 10 matches (Alphabetical order).

Update Reply
Matt @ 19/01/2008 02:00  

I noticed AGES afterwards, it didn't do it at first, hence my last post.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/01/2008 11:19  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email