MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Bike license

Bike  license - Forums [Biker Match] Bike  license - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Bike license

Hi all Has anyone else had dvla taken off categories a off license when update to photograph it happen to me in 2007 I don't know what to do 🙁

Update Reply
Jimmylock2009 @ 10/04/2019 16:23  

Sadly mate it's a case of retaking your test,
A lot of noise was made at the time in the press including a mechanic for a police force who had the police commissioner for that force writing a letter to DVLA saying that the mechanic wouldn't have been employed by them if he didn't have a bike license and they replied with they have no record of him taking the test and a biker who had the bike removed and HGV added.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 10/04/2019 17:53  

Unfortunately the burden of proof is upon you. If you can recall the day, date time and place you took the test and passed it the DVLA will not issue the category.
As a precaution I photocopy both sides of my licence whenever I send it back to DVLA. I'm not suggesting that they're incompetent, I'd hazard a guess they have such a workload that they just don't check.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/04/2019 18:45  

It happened to my ex-husband along with a couple of our mates all around the same time.

They retook their tests as no other option open to them. I seem to remember that there was some talk of the possibility of being able to send a SAR's request to the DVLA. Although, the guys had already done their retests by the time this was suggested. Do I don't know if anyone was successful with SAR.

Needless to say he copied his licence front n back once he'd redone his test. Better safe than sorry I suppose.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 10/04/2019 22:20  

Thank you all for your help its looks like I'm going to have to do it all again

Update Reply
Jimmylock2009 @ 11/04/2019 11:25  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email