MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Bikers

Bikers - Forums [Biker Match] Bikers - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Bikers

In what way anti-social? Have you been reading posts or trying to send messages to people. A bit more info needed for a better response:)

Update Reply
SusiPop @ 22/03/2019 13:49  

Talking to yourself again SP? Don't you just hate it when someone starts a conversation and then disappears, more anti-social than dropping one in a lift just as you get out.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/03/2019 20:09  

Hahaha 🤪

Update Reply
SusiPop @ 23/03/2019 00:30  

So he starts a thread saying everyone on the site is anti social then he beggars off leaving my response hanging... how jolly anti social lol 😂😂

Update Reply
SusiPop @ 23/03/2019 00:40  

Glad i didn't get involved on this one..:)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 23/03/2019 05:33  

There seems to be a recurring theme that if you don’t conform perfectly to a person’s invented biker stereotype then you’re not a biker and it’s OK to chuck insults about. In my 40 plus years of motorcycling I have found that motorcyclists exhibit exactly the same broad spectrum of behaviour as the population as a whole. We’re individuals; sharing an enjoyment of motorcycles doesn’t make us clones and that helps makes things interesting.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/03/2019 07:41  

I think it is more likely that the originator of the thread may have made unwelcome advances to some females on the site and been ignored or rejected? I guess this may come across as anti-social to some. Just conjecture of course. I cannot see how else the warm hearted, thoughtful, friendly, non-judgmental people who communicate on here could come across as anti-social lol

Update Reply
SusiPop @ 24/03/2019 21:07  

Ooh this thread is intriguing ... I didn't see it originally so know nothing about it but it's all very mysterious.

I need to spend time loitering in the dark corners of the threads being anti-social. Rather than getting out all over the place, meeting folk, chatting, consuming vast amounts of strong tea (with a drop of milk!) or singing loudly (& very badly) whilst dancing like a loon (again badly!) ... wait a minute ... some may say my dancing and singing is anti-social !! errrr what do I do now? 😱

*Steps swiftly into the dark recess over there >>>*

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 25/03/2019 08:48  

WE CAN STILL SEE YOU!!!...LOL
HOW do you glow in the dark like that...??

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 25/03/2019 09:25  

Gawd dammit, thought I'd stopped doing that... 😡

It's biolumi ...wotsit... It's such a pain in the thingymajig.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 25/03/2019 17:15  

Its a sad fact that bikers are not what they were . Like a few on this site I started riding over 40 yrs ago we acknowledged anyone on 2 wheels no matter what they were riding . If they looked like they were in trouble you stopped to offer assistance .
Now it seems if your not on the right kind of bike or wearing the right gear they don't want to know. I was out on my harley at the weekend up at Matlock , Buxton , Bakewell and Ashbourne . I acknowledged every biker but gotfew responses except for other harley riders to me its seems bikers are no longer a community .
Or maybe I'm just a sad old duffer remembering better days .(rant over sorry)

Update Reply
Grumpy of the Seven @ 25/03/2019 17:55  

Sadly Speedoman, BMW riders rarely wave or nod,and many Harley riders are the same...must be too cool or something,everyone else usually nods back,loved it in France as EVERYONE reciprocates....i wave or nod to everyone,especially 'L platers' as we all have to start somewhere,acknowledgement from a 'proper' bike rider can make someone's day...:)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 25/03/2019 18:12  

Sadly Jinx your right went to France 1st time last year it was an eye opener.
Going back for another dose of brotherhood later this year.

Update Reply
Grumpy of the Seven @ 25/03/2019 18:56  

To be fair, not everyone learns about nodding or the biker code when they go for their test. Before I took my test I had no idea that bikers nodded to one another. It may be sheer ignorance rather than choosing who to acknowledge?

Update Reply
SusiPop @ 25/03/2019 22:17  

I wish this was true Lass but sadly I don't think so . My mate broke down on the A5 at Cannock it was obvious he was broken down as his seat was off and he was trying to fix the problem literally dozens of bikers rode by not one stopped to even ask if he was ok . He rang me I turned out with liquid refreshments as it was a hot day and stayed with him till the tow truck came . I would and have done this for complete strangers.
But the current attitude now seems to be I'm alright Jack sod you .
Its really sad.

Update Reply
Grumpy of the Seven @ 26/03/2019 07:55  

This is very true. When I passed my test in 1992, bikers were largely viewed as a separate entity from the rest of mankind. You couldn't buy bike leathers in any colour other than black, you were viewed with distrust and fear from the 'beige' people and you still had to find biker-friendly pubs for a beer because there were still a lot of places that wouldn't serve bikers. As a result, I think that bikers formed a kind of unspoken solidarity with each other, hence the nodding at each other and mutual roadside help.
Nowadays (Ooh, that's such a middle-aged thing to say), riding a motorbike has become far more socially acceptable, and up here in rural Northumberland, the roads are rammed every summer with weekend warriors riding the latest plastic rockets and wearing brightly coloured leather romper suits. These are the same people who drive BMWs and Audis during the week and they wouldn't stop and help a stranded car driver, so it likely doesn't occur to them to stop and help a stranded biker. People in general seem to be more self-centred than they used to. It's simply a sign of the times.
----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
There seems to be a recurring theme that if you don’t conform perfectly to a person’s invented biker stereotype then you’re not a biker and it’s OK to chuck insults about. In my 40 plus years of motorcycling I have found that motorcyclists exhibit exactly the same broad spectrum of behaviour as the population as a whole. We’re individuals; sharing an enjoyment of motorcycles doesn’t make us clones and that helps makes things interesting.

Update Reply
NorthernMan1968 @ 26/03/2019 18:31  

I am sure there are many plastic rocket riders on this site Northernman who may be offended by your stereotyping! Lol. All riders, wearing all types of biking gear, of all ages are members here and quite rightly so. There is a danger that this thread is being hijacked by grumpy old men and women on sensible bikes wearing comfortable bike gear with heated seats, heated grips, heated jackets and trusty sat navs. If it wasn’t for my replacement knee, arthritic joints and fading sight I would love to race off on a plastic rocket, wearing a leather suit and giving the v sign to the traffic cops as I roar past them at 160mph. Probably going so fast that I failed to spot the doddery old beemer rider nodding gently in the wake of my exhaust fumes...

Update Reply
SusiPop @ 26/03/2019 22:47  

Now THAT's a vision I'd actually LOVE to see SusiPop! :D

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 26/03/2019 23:12  

Ah, tru dat SusiPop, it wasn't my intention to offend, merely to point out that as motorcycling clothing and motorcycle styles have changed, so have attitudes and perspectives.

Quote:
I am sure there are many plastic rocket riders on this site Northernman who may be offended by your stereotyping! Lol. All riders, wearing all types of biking gear, of all ages are members here and quite rightly so. There is a danger that this thread is being hijacked by grumpy old men and women on sensible bikes wearing comfortable bike gear with heated seats, heated grips, heated jackets and trusty sat navs. If it wasn’t for my replacement knee, arthritic joints and fading sight I would love to race off on a plastic rocket, wearing a leather suit and giving the v sign to the traffic cops as I roar past them at 160mph. Probably going so fast that I failed to spot the doddery old beemer rider nodding gently in the wake of my exhaust fumes...

Update Reply
NorthernMan1968 @ 27/03/2019 06:50  

Quote:
…... Probably going so fast that I failed to spot the doddery old beemer rider nodding gently in the wake of my exhaust fumes...

Damn.....thats me....😂😂😂

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/03/2019 08:41  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email