MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Ever missed out on a guest appearance?

Ever missed out on a guest appearance? - Forums [Biker Match] Ever missed out on a guest appearance? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Ever missed out on a guest appearance?

Going back more years than I care to remember, I used to go and watch some good up-and-coming bands at a local pub, The General Wolfe in Coventry. I should add that I was, and still am, a LedZep fan and mobile phones didn't exist! This one night I was due to go but had a heavy cold so gave it a miss. Gets down the local the following night and my mates cheered as I entered. I asked about the welcome. One said "You'll never guess who you missed at the Wolfe last night?" "Who?" I asked. "Robert Plant and some band!". I was absolutely gutted.
Anyone else had a similar experience?

Update Reply
NotPhilMitchell @ 01/03/2019 20:18  

Not a guest appearance as such. I went to a gig in York, missed the support band, walked round to merch stand to see who support were, only to find my daughter's mate, Sam stood there, drench in sweat. He asked me if I'd enjoyed the set and I admitted I'd just arrived and asked if he'd been n in the moshpit. Only to be told he'd just come off stage! Little did I know that he'd joined Wayward Sons (Toby Jepson's new band ... Yes TJ from Little Angels!) You could have knocked me down with a feather.

Nothing as good as missing Robert Plant but good to know that young talent still has a chance of making it. He's such a lovely guy, I hope all his dreams come true and more besides!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 01/03/2019 20:40  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email