MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

R & B . Change of Venue!!

R & B . Change of Venue!! (2) - Forums [Biker Match] R & B . Change of Venue!! (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

R & B . Change of Venue!!

Stop flapping fbk, we'll let you know when they go on sale! There will be plenty of 'em mate, don't worry!

Update Reply
Di @ 16/01/2008 13:44  

catton hall

Still off the A38, Catton Hall is approx. 30 Miles down the road from Pentrich.

http://www.catton-hall.com/

Update Reply
RC @ 16/01/2008 15:26  

I could have sworn that info was already at the top of the thread. Must be my eyes goin funny.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 16/01/2008 15:33  

well some peeps dont always read bk like me lol

so im refreshin the info

Update Reply
RC @ 16/01/2008 15:35  

Does that mean its closer to ipswich or further away??well i will be there again, this time will bring a scrapper to demud boots.Must be only tent with footprints on the ceiling and no smutty comments !! DONT FORGET FOLKS ITS THE BLACK SHUCK RALLY WEEKEND AFTER IN SUNNY IPSWICH!! WHO IS BRAVE ENUFF??? Hope to see ya soon Tony d

Update Reply
anthony d @ 18/01/2008 17:30  

well its 30 miles from pentrich ad lol

Update Reply
RC @ 18/01/2008 17:41  

RBCS 25 NEW VENUE
We are aware that everyone is asking and wondering why we have decided to move the event to another venue this year. Hopefully this announcement will put everyone’s mind at rest. There as been no fallout with the landowners of the former RBCS site at Pentrich, nor as there been any fallout with any of the local authorities that work alongside our RBCS team, we have had a fantastic and professional working relationship with everyone in the background of the event and site to which as helped us create a very safe and well run show and we wish to thank them for their assistance. Some of those background people but not all will also be involved again this year and we look forward to working with them again to bring you the best for a better RBCS future.
The reason why we have decided to move is because the land which became the annual site for the Rock & Blues has become very dangerous to hold an event on the scale of ours. Over the years the wet weather that as quiet literally battered that area has caused so much of the land to be no longer useable, the soil that lies under the grass is predominantly clay and so therefore weeks upon weeks of rain just lies on top as pools of water because it has no where to drain and in some places can create what is fast becoming marshland, the whole place is like walking on a sponge but then add the event construction equipment which are mostly heavy haulage vehicles.
Such is the equipment used to create the event infrastructure it then starts turning into mud this is where the dangers begin, year after year we have suffered with the same dilemma hoping that the land would naturally short itself but it hasn’t and we cant see it ever getting any better either. Because of the weather before last years show we almost hit the cancel button literally days before, but we persevered and as you all know with the super human effort made by all we pulled it off. The Saturday before the show is the start date for lots of infrastructure equipment arrival which started as scheduled but by Monday morning that equipment was still up on hard standing at the farm buildings where it had to be off loaded because we simply could not get those vehicles into the areas of the event that this equipment so desperately needed to be in, so before your very eyes the event build up is two days behind, we couldn’t even get the Marquee erectors vehicles on there to begin their operation either.
First thing Monday morning saw members of our crew along with the health & safety authorities declare the usual layout of the event site totally unusable and we had to implement plan ‘B, with the Thursday start of the show looming rapidly.
Anyone who arrived at the event which as usual thousands did, where in awe to see the Cross Piston Saloon on top of the camping fields, the stage spun round in totally the opposite direction and the main show arena what was usually the bike camp fields.
Ok that severe weather the UK suffered last year was totally out of character but this isn’t the first time we have suffered these problems and we cannot organise a show that one week before has to be cancelled because of the chance of such freak weather happening again, thus rendering the event site unusable once more, this isn’t a garden fete, it’s a huge logistical operation and we needed to take action to preserve the future of what has become a prestigious event.
We have searched high and low to find a venue location that will enable us to do this without causing too much disruption to the now familiar layout of the RBCS and we have found it all at Catton Hall, it’s a fantastic location with rural surroundings too just like our old friend Pentrich and with easy access from major highways.
The land at Catton Hall has fantastic drainage in the event of wet weather, not one event was cancelled there last year and the land doesn’t get churned up into mud like Pentrich does either, we would also like to point out that just because this years event is on the grounds of a stately home, it does not mean we are going up market and corporate, the event will remain the same as its always been, “Ours, run by Us for You”.
Catton Hall will bring a new future for the RBCS the facilities and ease this place will give us all is fantastic. After all, we have done this for twenty five years and we know what’s best and when it’s the right time to do it.
The event wasn’t always held at Pentrich, Pentrich was in fact our third RBCS site, we moved there to give the events ever growing popularity a better future and this is what we are doing now. One thing that always annoys us about a previous venue change is every time someone mentions the year we moved to Donington and what a failure that was and how they were so glad we moved back to Pentrich the following year. “Come on guys” enough is enough that year the whole countryside was completely closed due to the outbreak of Foot and Mouth disease, it was our only option and having already spent months organising the show for Pentrich we had to relocate or cancel the event but again we pulled it off, it worked except far a few minor hiccups involving the site owners, not us. The threat is still also ever present of the return of livestock diseases i.e. Foot and Mouth but now even Blue Tongue too as it did periodically last year, that alone would shut the Pentrich site instantly so we have even taken that into consideration with this move too. We know people are sad to be saying goodbye to Pentrich but not as sad as we are, we like you have great memories from all the great shows at Pentrich but we have the memories of the previous weeks build up too.
So yes it feels sad but with passion we must move on.
We know everyone will come and enjoy what will be a fantastic 25th Anniversary show at the new venue Catton Hall, we have been working very hard on it and RBCS 25 will be the show of all shows this year, be assured, so don’t miss out. Remember it’s not about the venue it’s about the people, Rock & Blues people.

Update Reply
RC @ 21/01/2008 16:46  

WOW RC BET U MADE ALL THAT UP LAMO, IT WILL ONLY TAKE ME ALF HR TO GET TO RNB NOW I CUD BUS IT LOL, CANT WAIT FOR IT , ALL THE STORES , BEER TENTS , BANDS AND RC HAS KINDLY BOUGHT HER OWN SPECIAL BOUNCY CASTLE, THINK IT MITE B FOR PRIVATE MEMEBERS ONLY THOUGH LOL

Update Reply
Sexysmirnoff @ 22/01/2008 11:48  

NAH BB IS CALLED COPY N PASTE PMSL

RC HAS KINDLY BOUGHT HER OWN SPECIAL BOUNCY CASTLE, THINK IT MITE B FOR PRIVATE MEMEBERS ONLY THOUGH LOL

hmm bb u liked a bounce and so did ur kids! pmsl

Update Reply
RC @ 22/01/2008 13:34  

If your not sure where the new venue is for the R & B is..this might help u out a little bit

The new venue is fantastic.. The area around the hall is really great. Lots of pubs, take aways etc etc. 5 mins from Lichfield & 5 mins from the 'Mucky Duck' which is on the canal in Fradley.

Update Reply
RC @ 23/01/2008 11:57  

Who needs the internet when we've got you RC. LOL

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 23/01/2008 13:36  

yep there's no end to my talents pmsl

Update Reply
RC @ 23/01/2008 14:22  

Nice one rc, cheers mate.

Update Reply
Di @ 23/01/2008 14:36  

your very welcome di hun xx

Update Reply
RC @ 23/01/2008 14:56  

cant wait for this rc will be it be as good as last year with the boucy castle??? hehehehehehehehehe

can i have ear muffs this year though as there was soooooooooooooooo much noise and it were'nt from the bikes!!!!!!! pmsl

Update Reply
Sexysmirnoff @ 25/01/2008 17:34  

bb its goin to loads better than last year hun...... dont forget ya boops!!!!! pmsl.....

Update Reply
RC @ 26/01/2008 13:39  

i want my tickets i wanna i wanna i wanna are tickets on sale yet

Update Reply
firebladekid @ 27/01/2008 05:00  

lol fbk as soon as there on sale ill let u no m8

Update Reply
RC @ 27/01/2008 09:49  

FYI the RBCS website is now up and running http://www.rockandblues.uk.com/ Tickets are available online for just yer £35 english pounds. Same price as last year. there's no band info exept thursday night in the beer tent. dr and the medics and Kiss tribute band.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 30/01/2008 19:21  

Mmmm....Dr and the medics....that'll be a really short set then! LOL

Update Reply
actionman @ 31/01/2008 00:40  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email