MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Default profile photo - Don't forget the rules

Default profile photo - Don't forget the rules (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Default profile photo - Don't forget the rules (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Default profile photo - Don't forget the rules

Wot is? DM's tat?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/01/2008 13:19  

Yep, just had a peek!

Update Reply
Di @ 15/01/2008 14:00  

It cost a bit more than 99p, but was still excellent value for money.

Update Reply
Daytona_man @ 15/01/2008 14:40  

Update Reply
Di @ 15/01/2008 14:43  

It just helps there, as data storage (And the bandwidth used to serve images) costs money. Out of the 99p...23p goes to Paypal25p goes to the taxman30p goes on advertisingthe rest goes towards the hosting, storage, serving costs Hi Matt So why don't you use a free host/server provider...and believe it or not they even give you a chat room that doesn't take forever to load. Oh well down off me soap box.

Update Reply
Herne @ 15/01/2008 15:08  

haha, its not the simple. With a site like this (And bikechat, etc which are all on the same server) we get 14+ million hits per month! We use approx. 6 terabytes of bandwidth and need over 14gb of hard drive space just for the web files. Plus the the database storage, dozens of email accounts for staff etc. The free storage sites are nowhere near capable of running this site. They also dont have all the features I need for this site (You can have active user registrations, private messaging, forums, searches, etc with static html pages). Thanks for thinking though

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/01/2008 16:03  

You lost me after the word "simple"

Update Reply
Daytona_man @ 15/01/2008 17:14  

I thought this may be a timely reminder, and save me sending a lot of PM's about why i have changed peoples profile pics. So can i ask everyone to change your pic if it doesnt show your face and save me a lot of time Cheers, Rigan (site moderator)

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 25/02/2008 16:54  

Yep Fraglette I do too it takes a lot of time but some people don't always have facial pics unless they are on bikes so we have to check them all out and I find it quite good fun Mazza

Update Reply
Mazza @ 25/02/2008 17:25  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email