MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Sleep is over rated

Sleep is over rated - Forums [Biker Match] Sleep is over rated - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Sleep is over rated

Anyone else have a problem sleeping.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/02/2019 03:50  

Hi! I used to have a problem sleeping, but I've found listening to rain video's on YouTube helped lots... herbal remedies like Kalms Sleep help too 😁

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/02/2019 07:15  

I hope sleep does not evade you for long Big Jaffa. I very recently functioned for about 4 and a half months on less than 3 hours sleep a night (due to stress and anxiety, caused by a relationship breakdown) and it definitely does not help at all with everyday normal functioning.

Recently I've been sitting in a dimly lit room with no TV, phone, laptop, iPad etc for at least an hour before I get into bed. It seems to help too if the temperature of the bedroom is cool, rather than warm or, worse still, chilly! Also drink plenty of water through the day, not caffeine. (A total lifestyle change for me!)

It's been a helluva ride and I'm thankful that I can at least sleep for around 5-6 hours most nights now. I try to stay in bed and rest for as long as possible once I've woken up. Sometimes I actually manage to go back to sleep.

However, last night, it most definitely did not work. I got about half an hour's sleep. I've now got a horrid sore throat and what feels like someone stomping around in my head. 😕

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 19/02/2019 07:35  

Books on the bedside table,and my iPod close to hand,i do have irregular sleep patterns time to time,best albums for dropping off..? Dark Side Of The Moon - Pink Floyd..In Search Of Space - Hawkwind. :) I hate taking tablets,so a small nip of JD does for me....hope you find an answer that works for you,everyone is different.👍😴

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 19/02/2019 07:57  

Dark Side Of The Moon, I agree with you on that Jinx, it sends me to sleep every time I hear it

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 19/02/2019 08:13  

Yep, know exactly what ya mean jaffa, going to bed knackered and only grabbing cpl hrs sleep for years, did the reading of the book, and a cpl drinks, but still lay awake, then when finally dropped off it was time to get up. But have to say these last few weeks i have slept like a baby.... good luck!!

Update Reply
Biker lovin Blonde @ 19/02/2019 13:15  

Know that feeling! Sometimes drop off,only to wake 5 mins later wide awake for hours then.Doesn't help when you've a lot on your mind though.I like to listen to the sound of the rain on the windows also Katrina.It's quite soothing.Like you jinx,a JD sometimes helps as well.....Honey JD of course...what else.Pleased BLB is sleeping o.k now,and hope your feeling a bit better Lindz.

Update Reply
molli @ 19/02/2019 17:33  

Not had much proper sleep for year. Do listen to dire straights on low. I have worked stupid hours for more years than I care to remember. Divorce and all the associated stress doesn't help. Also no1 son working late shift and then coming in at all hours normally about ten mins after I have finally got to sleep so start again for the next few hours

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/02/2019 19:38  

Had that for a year now, stress and anxiety really doesn't help, also intrusive thoughts I sometimes can't get rid off... Physically tired, drop off for 5 mins then fully awake for hours... Tried all sorts but haven't found remedy yet...

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 19/02/2019 21:37  

Might seem weird but I find meditation helps relax me. There are some nice guided meditation videos on YouTube that help.

Update Reply
SusiPop @ 19/02/2019 23:44  

A whack over the head with a heavy blunt instrument usually helps.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/02/2019 11:15  

nope that just makes my head hurt :-)
----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
A whack over the head with a heavy blunt instrument usually helps.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/02/2019 11:53  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email