MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Memories - 2018

Memories - 2018 - Forums [Biker Match] Memories - 2018 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Memories - 2018

Thought it maybe good to share memories/moments of our year in 2018. So here's mine ..

A difficult year in many respects; work, health, finance and relationship. However, I hold onto the friendships that held strong throughout 2018.

Memories of being out and about in the countryside around England and North Wales both on the bike and in the car, with people I love.

Spending time exploring the winding lanes of Cornwall. Sitting on cliffs looking out to sea at Lizards Point and marvelling at the natural beauty surrounding us. Being astounded by one woman's (Rowena Cade) dedication to building the Minack Theatre. Sitting for an age, soaking it all up.

A short break in North Wales with my daughter. A most wonderful time, exploring Castles, churches, standing at the top of Snowdon with the cloud so low were instantly showered, pass the soap!😀

Only a couple of rallies this year, a little live music, very little alcohol, plenty of stress and anxiety and lots of weight loss! Perhaps that's an indication of how my life has changed this year.

Hallowistmas! Just a short appearance but well worth the journey. The laughter and banter was worth its weight in gold. 😂

The Chinwag at Squires, a great turnout, it was so good to see so many old friends from near and far. Also the opportunity to meet new members for the first time (you very brave people😉), many of you travelling quite a distance. Hats off to you. 😁👍

My stomps through the woods in recent weeks marvelling at nature and finding light in the gloom.

A huge THANK YOU! to all those BMers who picked me up, steadied me, you know who you are.

Roll on 2019.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 24/12/2018 10:50  

2018.... A year which started with hopes, goals and achievements.

Turned out not to be as we hoped. Instead lots of heartache, stress and disappointment in some who I thought I could rely on. On the other hand.. Loads came to be there for us, you know who you are.

I am full of hope again for 2019, let's face it, it can't be worse than this year. I am glad when the festive season is over, it'll never be the same.

Roll on 2019

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 24/12/2018 12:13  

Started 2018 with a renewed heart,but was not to last..some stutters along the way,some new friends made,and a very special reason to hope 2019 is better...X

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 24/12/2018 12:35  

Well pretty crappy really, felt so very low, joined BM for the 2nd time... and so glad i did.
Like to think i have made some new and lasting friends, had the pleasure at Hallowistmas, great night, and then met up with guys and gals at Squires.
Hope this is the start of many more rallies/events..
Thanks to the lovely little hairy biker that has entered my life.

Merry Christmas to you all
And hope 2019 is your year!!
Xx

Update Reply
Biker lovin Blonde @ 24/12/2018 12:41  

2018, what a year!

I rode to Wembley Stadium to see the semi final of Spurs vs Man Utd, it was on my bucket list and it was great to share the experience with biker friends from Cambridge... even though I had to be a Spurs fan for that afternoon! In April my daughter accompanied me on Pilly Day, which was also my daughter's first long distance run on 'the big bike' as she calls it. After gaining confidence from that, we then decided to visit Llangollen on the spring bank holiday, I then went back to Llangollen the next day to meet another biker friend and to top up my tan. To get to the Ponderosa Cafe I did the horseshoe pass. Moved house for the second time in 8 months in June, and not long after went to Berlin and Hamburg to see Queen and Adam Lambert live- wow. The live music celebrations didn't end there, I went to Glasgow for the TRNSMT festival, and then to the Upton Blues festival which was sublime. I've also followed a local band call Southbound around the UK, in all weathers.I paid the Lower Lode a visit, but couldn't stay long as I had to fly to Tenerife for some winter sun. When I wasn't doing a copious amount of sunbathing, my daughter and I did Dolphin and Whale watching, and even made a Baboon very excited at the zoo. Last weekend I rode to London and saw Thunder Live at the iconic Camden Roundhouse, they never disappoint and I cannot wait to see them again in February.

Oh and I did a bit of work.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/12/2018 15:53  

The year started like most meeting up with good friends making new ones. Trips out and about even getting a new bike. Never thought I'd be riding a Harley but I love her.
The year has ended in a bad low as I lost my father late November so Christmas has been hard. But I'm looking forward to 2019 and new adventures and new friends to be made.
Happy New year to all.xx

Update Reply
smiler 2964 @ 27/12/2018 16:59  

Rejoined this site in 2018 and enjoyed meeting new friends at Barmouth Camp and the Halloistmas Party. Lost 6 stone over past 18 months so much healthier and happier now than for a long time. Chatting to a few people on the site and trying to generate more nods as a matter of course. Need a new front tyre on the bike but looking forward to lots of new riding destinations in 2019. Single, content and smiling as the new year approaches. Love and blessings to all 🥰🥰

Update Reply
SusiPop @ 29/12/2018 14:09  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email