MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Advanced motorcycle training

Advanced motorcycle training - Forums [Biker Match] Advanced motorcycle training - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Advanced motorcycle training

Hello all...

Im looking for advanced motorcycle training.. i passed my test 2 years ago, tho i ride great in the summer when it comes to the winter i for some reason just dont trust my tyres yet at 300 pound top brand for all year round tyre. Im just not confident with them. Bizzare that im nearly knee down throughout summer im total opposite in the winter. Anyways if anyone knows of a good instructor in the south yorkshire area around sheffield/rotherham that be great.

Thanks all

Ginge

Update Reply
GingeFz6 @ 10/12/2018 12:12  

Just look up the IAM on Internet for your area or ROSPA

Update Reply
JP @ 10/12/2018 13:55  

Hi Ginge. to be honest i cannot see that any instructor can teach you any more than you know as you have passed you advance riding. i ride all year round in all weathers and to me its all about ride time, smoothness in and out of the bends and smooth on the braking. ive taken the coarse years ago and in the winter i dont venture too near the left hand side of the road for the right handers as they tell you too, too much dirt and grim there. Damp roads are the worse rather have them soaking wet so to make the tires work. my last boss was an iam instructor i can drop him a text to see what he can suggest.

Update Reply
Roy46 @ 10/12/2018 14:20  

Ive just texted him to see what he says

Update Reply
Roy46 @ 10/12/2018 14:26  

This is the reply I got back from Charlie....No substitute for lots of practice. All of the above is good advice but it also helps to have decent tyres.
I'm happy to ride in the wet but recently changing tyres really improved wet grip.
Hope this helps. Cheers. Roy46

Update Reply
Roy46 @ 10/12/2018 14:52  

Go down to Meadowhall retail park Sheffield, at about 9 -9.30 Pizza hut car park And ask for Alan. The Sheffield advanced group meet up before taking folk out for obervered rides and there is always a breakfast stop at some point so have some cash. Normally one to one but check IAM'S WEB SITE or try some of the training schools some do higher level training.

Update Reply
Witcher Man @ 11/12/2018 15:30  

Thankyou all for your comments.. ill check with any schools that provide this and aim to start january..

Update Reply
GingeFz6 @ 12/12/2018 16:35  

A little bit pricey and circuit based. Could be transferable to the road 🤔

https://www.circuitbasedtraining.co.uk/motorcycle-training/wet-weather-courses-350

More info: https://www.rideapart.com/articles/254439/safety-how-to-ride-a-motorcycle-in-the-rain/

Chow

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 13/12/2018 13:55  

Newbie here but here's my ten cents. If you don't trust your tyres in the wet try going to a moto gymkhana session or two preferably in the rain. They run clubs all over the country, you will learn to trust your tyres in no time and its fun, I'm not affiliated with any club but I know the guy who runs the essex gymkhana club and I've seen riders improve no end simply by having fun.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/12/2018 11:24  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email