MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

new speedometer

new speedometer - Forums [Biker Match] new speedometer - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

new speedometer

hi im new to the bike scene and i just bought a SFM ZX 125 off a friend but it needs a new speedometer can anyone link me the specific part so i can get it for my bike soon as possible because i cant seem the find the part ?

Update Reply
brandon44 @ 01/11/2018 04:48  

All depends on what you need if it's just the cable or the complete unit. You should be able to get what you need off ebay also try amazon they do a lot of bike stuff some is a very good price.

Update Reply
JP @ 01/11/2018 05:04  

i dont know my friend said it needs a new speedo i thought that was the full thing ??

Update Reply
brandon44 @ 01/11/2018 11:00  

Check the cable first before you buy a new unit, it's a lot cheaper

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 01/11/2018 11:35  

If you have the old unit it should have a make and model number/part number on somewhere so search for that. Even the cable should have a number on it somewhere.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/11/2018 13:42  

hi i took the time to check it out for you, its a Sachs, a german bike under a new name SFM, you can go straight to their web site ( 3xmotorcycles-supermarket ) they have all parts listed :) its a digital display screen and costs around £210 to replace it.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/11/2018 11:11  

Had a look myself & yes the whole unit is on line at £210 which is stupidly expensive. I recommend ebay, a spares or repairs search turns up alot of wrecked bikes, the speedo usually survives, also try searching on facebook marketplace..good luck

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/11/2018 12:51  

That's if the unit even needs replacing, it may just need a good clean out and the contacts checking.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/11/2018 21:31  

Zen, you have a good point as with most items..disconnect and clean the terminals & reassemble with WD40..that is both the unit on the handlebars and, more importantly the sender unit. I don't know this model of bike but it will be adjacent to one of the road wheels (usually the front wheel near the hub) and being stuck out in the atmosphere will be most likely to suffer from corrosion & road dirt. Clean up the connections on this item & who knows, you may have a spare £210 to have a beer to celebrate !....good luck & let us all know how you get on ☺

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/11/2018 14:28  

Try this Brandon:

https://www.3xmotorcycles-superstore.com/cms/cms.jsp?menu_id=3257&category=SAPZX125SPEE

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/11/2018 10:37  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email