MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Camping at Dent

Camping at Dent (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Camping at Dent (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Camping at Dent

UMBRELLAS? I hope it ain't windy or else it will be SusiPop(pins)!! .... Ok I'll get my coat 😳

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 25/03/2019 11:38  

You missed your calling Lindsay. Only joker in the pack. Susi Poppins, I like it 😹👜🌂🌂🌂

Update Reply
SusiPop @ 25/03/2019 22:25  

I expect a fancy dress outfit which is supercalifragilisticexpialidocious at some stage this year Susi 😉

Anyhoo, hope you all have a great time in Dent and that the weather remains good for you👍

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 26/03/2019 09:59  

Weather forecast looks promising. Hope a few more hardy souls rock up to join us 👍👍

Update Reply
SusiPop @ 26/03/2019 22:50  

Meant to be damp on Saturday afternoon,but my wee hoose will be put up Friday,so all good..👍🏍🌤

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 27/03/2019 10:09  

Yeah sounds like Friday is a good day - then front moves in from north and cools it down a tad
So brolly may be needed :) - and I am sure they will have a warm fire in the pub

Update Reply
Mister Pete - Optimist @ 27/03/2019 19:04  

Rain? Pah!!! I'll just have to plan the Saturday nimble to try and avoid it.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 27/03/2019 19:55  

Got every faith in you doing just that Steve - just got me a set of panniers last week so may bring 2 sleeping bags to keep warm same as Susi lol

Update Reply
Mister Pete - Optimist @ 27/03/2019 20:53  

It looks like I've lost the option to message all attendees. That's a bit of a bugger cos I normally give you my mobile number, but as I don't usually have a signal in Dent (except for a bit near the boneyard) it won't really make any difference!
Your looking for a blue tent and a blue Tenere.
I might be wearing my a white wooly suite and standing in an adjacent field. If you see me feel free to come up and engage me in conversation!
See you there.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 28/03/2019 20:16  

Not sure what colour my tent is,mud,grass and blackish,small but perfectly formed...parked close to my black Speed Triple,lol
And rain is a given in Cumbria anyway,is why the sheep never spontaneously combust...🐏🐑👍

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 28/03/2019 22:27  

No matter how hard you rub them together...
🐏😨

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 28/03/2019 22:31  

Well only SusiPop, Optimist & Jinx from the list, but we also have a Mat, Goose & XK.
XK's bike had a lie down last night... And another, but on the other side, this morning.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 30/03/2019 08:38  

Well that was jolly good fun.
Lots of beer, cracking ride out Saturday, good company, good campsite. what more could I ask for?
Photos uploaded here..
https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/events/event.asp?event_id=6181
Because the page link from the events page is broken.

Right. What next?

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 31/03/2019 17:24  

Steve,i've heard Venezuela is nice.....:)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 01/04/2019 11:44  

609 miles for my weekend sojourn,no motorways,just 'A' and 'B' roads to and from Dent,last bit before i got there was amazing fun,cutting up through the valley on a lane with 4 gates and not much tarmac...a shortcut thought i,hahaha.....but thoroughly good company at journey's end...Magner's was consumed in moderate amounts...:)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 01/04/2019 11:48  

Great weekend and thanks to Steve for organising it
Gave KTM a good "talking to" when I got back and a "good thrashing" with the nearest tree branch (read John Cleese) lol
Thankfully the Honda was up for it - and heard it giggling away as i had my little chat to the KTM :)

Update Reply
Mister Pete - Optimist @ 02/04/2019 19:51  

hello , im just wondering but what happend to the bikes ? why did they end up on there sides ?

Update Reply
alpinab14 @ 10/04/2019 23:30  

Only XK's Honda ended up on it's side ...twice....maybe something under the sidestand would have helped..??those pannier shaped crashbungs saved any damage for him..see pictures..lol

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 11/04/2019 07:14  

It was all down to the astounding incompetence of XK. The bike initially had a lie down on its left side while we were in the pub, then it rolled over during the night.
But it can''t go down as XK's greatest stunt however, there is serious competition for that award.
Perhaps turning up with his sleeping bag secure in his topbox and the keys at home on the kitchen table rates more highly.
Mind you the battery terminals held in place with bits of wood was entertaining too... Apart from having to bump start the f***ing thing.
My personal favourite though is him setting off to Applecross with the exhaust secured with cable ties. That was a major achievement in the annals of incompetence even by the current brexit standards been set by our government.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 11/04/2019 20:06  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email