MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Ahh those were the days..........

Ahh those were the days.......... (4) - Forums [Biker Match] Ahh those were the days.......... (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Ahh those were the days..........

Tank....blimey, I'm sure I've got Filth Hounds of Hades on vinyl somewhere as well. Shhhh, don't tell anyone though!!!

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 16/01/2008 17:30  

Yeah, mine's on vinyl too, along with Wheels Of Steel (Saxon, who i saw live at that time, supported by Rose Tattoo i think, in Torquay town hall, 1980!) and the afore mentioned Iron Fist. 10" Girls School, C'mon Let's Go. Sure they were supporting Motorhead the other time i saw them. Hmmmm, happy days.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/01/2008 18:53  

All this talk of metal bands with names I never heard of makes me feel like an alien never mind ancient I must have been living in a bubble when you lot were experiencing your youth lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/01/2008 21:58  

yeah your right DD,girlschool supported motorhead once upon a time

was never a fan tho,drummer was the only one with any talent

of the musical variety anyway!!!!!

d'you remember the abysmal st valentines day massacre

hang your head in shame mr kilminster

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/01/2008 06:24  

Yeah, remember it vaguely, certainly remember the title.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/01/2008 14:55  

vaguely's the best way DD

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/01/2008 15:04  

Like i say, can't bring it to mind, i'll have to check later. I'm like you, never too impressed with them, i think the fact they were female (?) was their main selling point!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/01/2008 15:13  

Back in the 60s, me and my mates would troll around the local scrap yards and take the chrome letters off the bonnets of 'Triumph Heralds' etc to fit onto the backs of our leather jackets. One evening, I noticed that one of my mates had fitted his newly acquired 'TRIUMPH' letters to his jacket and painted below it. Apparently he was into 'TRUIMPH BONEVILE' whatever that was. I don't think anyone ever said anything to him, I don't think he would have bothered anyway. In the 1970s one of my other mates decided to take up tatooing. One of the guys worked for a butcher and would bring home pieces of pigskin for my mate to practise on. He seemed to be quite good at doing tatoos (On pigskin) but for some time no one was too keen to be the first 'Guinea pig' even though it was a free-be. Eventually, one of the guys decided to let him loose on his arm. When finished and all healed up, the tatoo of Jesus on the cross was shown off down at our local. It was a very good job and looked extremely professional but, as one of my mates pointed out to me. Upon close inspection, it was the only time that he had seen Jesus on the cross, with a smile on his face.

Update Reply
M.S. @ 09/04/2008 10:44  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email