MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Ahh those were the days..........

Ahh those were the days.......... (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Ahh those were the days.......... (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Ahh those were the days..........

only takes someone to report it to the cops an the poor kid gets shot!!on the same subject some kids had .22pistols,some had pistols that there dads had brought back from the 2nd world war i once tried to adapt a flair pistol to fire a shotgun cartridge! also banger powder rammed down a metal tube with a ball bearing made a crude gun! aaah back yard shed workshops great fun!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 15/01/2008 06:40  

Tangoman60. Homemade 'Banger' guns. Homemade fireworks and bombs. And we wern't even terrorists! God! that brings back memories. I remember one of my mates making a homemade 'Bomb' out of a pair of pushbike handlebars with the old tried and tested We*******r & S***r compound. He stuck it into the muddy bank of a small stream near his house and lit the fuse. He tried to scramble up the muddy bank but kept slipping back down. There was an almighty 'Boom' and my mate emerged, covered with mud, blood and shrapnel wounds. When he went home, walked into the kitchen and upon seeing him, his mother dropped the plates she was washing and dragged him up to the doctors. The doctor asked what had happened, my mate said 'I blew myself up'. A good bath, clean with 'Detol', a few sticking plasters and he was as good as new (Well almost, anyway).

Update Reply
M.S. @ 15/01/2008 08:43  

Tangoman60 When I was about twelve, I bought a second world war flare pistol off one of my mates for about Half a crown I got one of my uncles to make me a sleeve at work to take a 410, it worked fine. I intended for him to make one in 12 guage but never got around to it. It would have probably been a bit too much of a handful anyway. 'Back yard workshops'. Brilliant! As a kid. There wasn't much that I couldn't find in my Grandads shed.

Update Reply
M.S. @ 15/01/2008 08:58  

fantastic times real boys stuff scuffed knees woolly darned baggy socks round yer ankles an short grey trousers days old skid marks on yer white baggy underpants an school caps we were a load of jus Williams an Dennis the menaces an my school was jus like Bash st! an we really did have catupults stickin out our back pockets!![i never thought i would sound like my dad!!!]oh an baggy woollen black swimcostumes that drooped when wet an showed who would be favourite with the women in later life much much later!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 15/01/2008 10:25  

I remember my first encounter with motorcycles. It was in the mid 1950s, I was three years of age and my Father took me out for a ride on my Grandfather's grey 125cc BSA Bantam. I sat on the petrol tank, legs dangling and held on to the middle portion of the handlebars, We rode out of our small town, down a few country lanes then back to Granddad's to return his bike. There we were, me in brown corded 'Bib and brace', Dad in his shirt sleeves, no crash helmets, no protective gear and a kid on the tank. I can't see anyone getting very far like that these days without being stopped by 'Mr Plod', but back then, things were way different. For a start, we only had a handful of police officers in our town, most were foot coppers who sometimes had a pedal cycle. I think the station had one motorbike (A LE Velocette) and I can't remember seeing a 'Panda' car until the early 1960s. Oh, Happy days!

Update Reply
M.S. @ 15/01/2008 18:28  

Tangoman60. Catapults!!! As a kid, I would never go anywhere without mine (Although I always carried mine around my neck like a necklace. Under my jacket). Always had a pocket full of stones that I was regularly picking up. Could spot a 'Catty forkit' (A forked branch in a tree that would whittle into a nice catapult body) at 50 paces and my mum was always sewing up the holes in my pockets (Too many stones). God! you've got me started.

Update Reply
M.S. @ 15/01/2008 18:39  

hey its not changed tho. Im an 80s/90s kid, and i spent all of my youth in my grandads shed building and breaking things. I made so many bow n arrows! They were so good, using the perfect wood and string, that all my mates wanted one too. We would then build a naff tree-house and setup targets on the floor in the distance. Of course there were injuries, but we didn't care. The amount of nails I've had through my feet, grazed knees (Even ripping it open once and having to go hospital). My bomb making techniques were pretty much the same too. I payed attention in science. Then I got a chemistry set one christmas with basic chemicals in to mess about with. Mixed with some household items had some fantastic effects lol. So don't think it's just the good old days. Your children, and children's children will always be the same. Boys will be boys. It's just your age that changes, and you no longer take part in such activities... they're still there though. Oh and my friends had a farm, with quads and motorbikes. Helmets were never used then either. One lad broke a load of bones jumping between 2 garage roofs when the half-hearted wooden crate ramp didn't hold the weight haha. Bloody good old days, I really miss em.

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/01/2008 06:31  

ahem....boys will be boys Matt

us girlies knew how to have fun as well

no interest in make up,fashion,celebs ect in those days,in fact no hurry to grow up at all

I even had a chem set,although i never managed to blow anything up

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/01/2008 06:43  

see thats where you girls are different... you're not destructive enough hahaha. Us lads figure out what the potential for an explosion or pain is

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/01/2008 06:51  

oh, and after licking a 9v battery.... who else went on to bigger things before realising it was a bad idea? lol I also had a peezo sparky thing from a cooker, you know the electric thing that ignites the gas. One day in class (We were about 14), we got 20-30 people to all link fingers (Better shock than hands) whilst the teacher was writing on the board, We put the metal frames of tables in the link too. Then.... ZAP, Screaming, Laughing. The teacher didn't know what to do with 30 kids screaming at the same time, followed by hysterical laughter. That was my greatest moment as a kid! Dinner ladies took it off me once, and I got detention for a week cos the teachers couldn't figure out what it was. lol

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/01/2008 06:55  

I was a tomboy, I hated wearing skirts. I used to play footy (goalie lol) with the lads, and stretch (a game involving a knife) and make dens then when I got older I used to rag about the woods with motorbikes.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/01/2008 06:56  

oh crumbs, the eighties.... I was the only 'rock chick' at an all girls school, the new St Trinians is tame compared to us lot ! There was three of us the 'Outcasts' , Linda Conroy (Adam Ant freak, still is!), Chris Herwin (Shaky fan) and me, Tregs, Diamond Head, Tank, Tygers of Pan Tang, etc heavy metal freak..... used to have one of those old army style satchel bags with band names/patches artistically strewn all over it, my faithful first leather, worn throughout the seasons, this is the best bit...... orangy brown leggings, held up with elastic bands coz my legs were that skinny then, finished off with a mini and red snake print 3 and 3/4 inch heels - yes, what a mess, but I thought it was ace! Oh I also had Big Hair too......

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 16/01/2008 11:15  

Blimey, you were a Tank fan. Mick Tucker lived opposite me for years. Used to be in each others houses for a cuppa! He was best mates with Jannick Gerrs who went on to be in Iron Maiden. Never actually met a Tank fan before. Thought they were all in Japan! lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/01/2008 11:27  

Hey! I've got, what i believe is, Tanks first album, Filth Hounds Of Hades. I bought it after seeing them support Motorhead. '81 or '82.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/01/2008 12:18  

Wow DD,flashback,to leeds queen hall and newcastle city hall

was a HUGE motorhead fan

still am but sshhhh thats a secret

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/01/2008 12:34  

Hi Cassie. Yeah, i've seen them twice, stayed behind the second time, met them all! Chatted for about 20 mins. Nice blokes. That was back in the Fast Eddie, Phil Taylor days. I'm sure it was the 'Iron Fist' tour.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/01/2008 12:52  

Iron Fist was the last tour i went to,then Lemmy got white cowboy boots still not got over that.Your right tho,nice guys and that was THE line up,all downhill after that in my opinion
Lost count how many times i seen 'em,first time was reading '77

just realised how long ago that was gonna shut up now before
Tango asks me for a date!!!!!
(only joking tango bud)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/01/2008 14:33  

omg, you've brought back so many memories..... You forgot about Tis-Was, we used to build dens in the garden, once my mother had gone work, my father actually fell asleep n left us all outside, we couldn't wake him up, you can imagine what my mother said when she got in, lets just say it was dark and very late, then we used to go mud sliding, diggin with our hands round the local dump/park, go scrumpin, very nearly got caught many a time... as a teen, got introduced to rock, bikes, beer, fags ( 5p each at our local papershop), Ozzy was the first person i saw at Derby assembly rooms, met w.a.s.p. at Rockhouse, Derby (just Steve Riley + Chrid holmes)we chatted for ages, nice guys, Doro Pesh was there too, 50p a pint on Tuesday's too, Those were def the days..........

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/01/2008 16:02  

Ah yes Banditgirl, Tank, there was one fan, moi !, everyone was like, who the hell are Tank ? my fave line-up was Algy Ward (quad-rupal phwoarrrrrr !) and those Brabbs brothers, especially Mark, now he was cute ! Dave, Filth Hounds of Hades is and amazing album, got a few pic discs of theirs, doubt their worth anything but they are to the young school kid in me ! Got them on my MySpace now too, as well as Diamond Head, they was, are the most amazing NWOBHM band ever, influenced Metallica too, so maybe we wouldnt have had the mighty tallica without Sean and crew - who knows? Lemmy made me laugh in his white boots ! He still looks the same now, bit like Biff Byford, Saxon's frontman, he just never changes !

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 16/01/2008 17:19  

btw xx-chele-xx, Doro Pesh is still on the go, still looks as good as she always did too

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 16/01/2008 17:20  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email