MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Ahh those were the days..........

Ahh those were the days.......... (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Ahh those were the days.......... (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Ahh those were the days..........

I remember 'spangles' lol Oh and why have "Wagon Wheels" shrunk? Cos the wagons got smaller?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 12/01/2008 19:54  

bay city rollers! lol

Update Reply
RC @ 12/01/2008 20:23  

Never mind all that!....whatever happened to TAB pop? Charlton and the wheelies?..."Ello little old lady!" Rentaghost... Kick Start.... Crackerjack.... How? with Fred Dinage and the bloke that looked like Brian May! Rainbow!.....Cor I didn't half fancy Jane Dogtanian and the muskerhounds! "One for all and all for one, Muskerhounds are always ready!" Game for a Laugh Busmans holiday Saturday swapswap When the GSX-R750 Slabside was hotsnot! Ya dads (well mine anyway!) Honda 125 droopydream Twin felt MASSIVE! Ahhhh...memories...

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 13/01/2008 04:35  

Oh my gawd,SPANGLES,loved 'em,where did they go?

GH what a memory,i'd forgotten bout half those things
as a rainbow fan can you tell me why Bungle walked round naked then put on jammies for bed,been bugging me for years

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/01/2008 06:39  

oh come on dont forget the young ones .......dam they were good days

Update Reply
firebladekid @ 13/01/2008 06:54  

agree fbk,my daughter was raised on the young ones
they were the 80's tho bud,you youngsters dinna ken what you missed in the 70's

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/01/2008 07:24  

Glam rock nights at Nottingham Rock City...ace times!

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 14/01/2008 16:24  

Just to give you somthing to think about? CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE KIDS WHO WERE BORN IN THE 1950's, 60's and 70's !! First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they carried us. They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a can, and didn't get tested for diabetes. Then after that trauma, our baby cribs were covered with bright coloured lead-based paints. We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets, not to mention, the risks we took hitchhiking . As children, we would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags. We drank water from the garden hose and NOT from a bottle. We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and NO ONE actually died from this. We ate cakes, white bread and real butter and drank pop with sugar in it, but we weren't overweight because...... WE WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING!! We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on. No one was able to reach us all day. And we were O.K ... We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then ride down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. After running into the bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem . We did not have Playstations, Nintendo's, X-boxes, no video games at all, no 99 channels on cable, no video tape movies, no surround sound, no cell phones, no personal computers, no Internet or Internet chat rooms..........<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them! We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no lawsuits from these accidents. We ate worms and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not live in us forever. We made up games with sticks and tennis balls and although we were told it would happen, we did not put out very many eyes. We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just yelled for them! Football teams had trials and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment. Imagine that!! The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of. They actually sided with the law! This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers and inventors ever! The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas. We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned HOW TO DEAL WITH IT ALL! And YOU are one of them!CONGRATULATIONS! now thoses were the days and here's to lots more lol

Update Reply
petervalk @ 14/01/2008 17:23  

And you tell the kids of today that 'AND THEY WONT BELIEVE YA'. I'm with you all the way 'Petervalk'. I grew up in the 1950s and 1960s and I wouldn't change it for the world. If I met Dr Who and had the chance to go back and live it again, you wouldn't see me for dust. By the way, can you remember the days before fags gave you cancer? There must have been an antidote in those 'Woodbines' and 'Senior Service' Even the puppets on the tele smoked. Take a look at old 'Thunderbirds' videos. Happy days! All the best for now. M.S.

Update Reply
M.S. @ 14/01/2008 18:27  

Mmmmm,am i going senile or did Tango post that a week ago

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/01/2008 18:47  

yep but pv sized it right!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 14/01/2008 18:51  

Phew.....thought i'd lost it big time

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/01/2008 18:55  

give it tme give it time!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 14/01/2008 18:56  

Cheers buddy......just when i was starting to like you

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/01/2008 18:57  

i speak from experiance, oops hijackin the forum again!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 14/01/2008 18:58  

and you could go ot on the street with replica guns an the armed responce unit didn't shoot yu!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 14/01/2008 19:01  

you musta been dead posh Tango,

we had sticks and made rat-tat noises!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/01/2008 19:04  

when at school we had metal work an woodwork an i made replica pistols out of wood,if yu had one in your hands outside today yu would get shot!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 14/01/2008 19:16  

Pinching my mums washing line and playing skipping games in the middle of the street (would get mowed down now!)

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 15/01/2008 04:23  

are water pistols classed as replicas? Im sure there are some that look real lol

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/01/2008 06:07  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email