MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Ahh those were the days..........

Ahh those were the days.......... - Forums [Biker Match] Ahh those were the days.......... - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Ahh those were the days..........

You know you were a kid in the 80s if any of theseare familiar.....Um Bongo, Um Bongo, They drink it in the CongoFriendship bracelets were ties that couldn't be broken.You know all the words to "Ice Ice Baby".You wanted to be on "Jim'll Fix It".You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before he hadplastic surgery.You had one of those T-shirts that changed colour with heat (Global Hypercolour).You know the profound meaning of "Wax on, Wax off".You were upset when She-ra, Princess of Power and He-Man gotcancelled.You remember Madonna in her cone stage outfit.You knew "The Artist" when he was humbly called"Prince."You wore fluorescent-neon clothing... (if you can call it clothing!)You remember when Amiga was a state of the art video game system.You remember M.C. Hammer.You can still sing the rap to "Fresh Prince of Bel Air"....You can remember when it was Jazzy Jeff and The fresh Prince and NOT just plain Will Smith!You own any cassettes.You carried your lunch to school in a Gremlins, ALF or ET lunchbox.You have ever pondered on why Smurfette was theONLY female smurf.My Little Pony, Gummy Bears and Transformers are familiar to you.You had a Swatch Watch.You believed that "By the power of Greyskull, you HAD the power!"Big wheels and BMX's were the way to go.You sang to Kylie and Jason!You owned Polly Pocket or Micro Machines.Partying "like it's 1999" seemed SO far away.You knew that Transformers were "more than meets the eye".You were led to believe that in the year 2000 we'd all be living inspace.Girls - You wore biker shorts underneath a short skirt and felt stylish.You recorded songs off the radio.You wore those wide, colourful shoelaces.You never questioned why the A-Team were always imprisoned in places that had sufficient tools to build an armoured tank.Dungeons & Dragons was your favourite programme...you understand why they couldn't leave the unicorn.You did the top toggle of your coat up around your neck without having your arms in the sleeves, and you knew you looked like asuperhero.Your new winter coat was best used to demonstrate that your wings were like a shield of steel.You remember watching a house inhabited by a jester, a pantomime horse and a woman who sneezed, and thinking that this was perfectly normal.You tried to convince your Dad to fit a strip of red lights on the front of a Capri so it looked like KITT.You had more than 10 sweets in a 10p mix-up.You hid behind the sofa whenever you heard the word "Exterminate!".Boys - You wore pale grey shoes with white towelling socks.You held a chicken in the air or stuck a deckchairup your nose.Your best mate had a Soda Stream at home and you were jealous.Any elderly Scottish lady sounds like SupergranYou remember playing British Bulldog,When 'Computer' Tennis, Pac-Man and Donkey-KongruledYou remember hearing the tune then running out tobuy an ice cream cone on a warm summer night - 99's, screwballs or a ciderlolly.Water balloons were the ultimate weapon.Important decisions were made by going"eeny-meeny-miney-mo." Is this true for anyone else?

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 11/01/2008 08:05  

oh my god, i remember them all.. showing my age now, LOL

Update Reply
lula @ 11/01/2008 08:14  

OMG! Yes! And we wore ra-ra skirts with tights & legwarmers and thought we were the "kids from Fame" PMSL!!!!

Update Reply
wiccan-one @ 11/01/2008 08:34  

hey wiccan arent leg warmers back in ?! and i deffinately remember it all DC i feel so so so old now lol

Update Reply
nina @ 11/01/2008 11:00  

I never had a rah-rah skirt or leg-warmers...did I miss something?

Update Reply
Daytona_man @ 11/01/2008 13:40  

Miss something? You weren't cool unless you had a ra-ra skirt. Mine only had 3 tiers though I never wore leg warmers. I used to have white over the knee socks, pushed down to mid calf, with all the folds the exact same size. They had to be teamed with Pony trainers too lol Anyone else have an American football t-bag shirt? Mine was Chicago Bears

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 11/01/2008 14:06  

Ah Yes, The mid eighties. I had my GPZ900R around about then. And partying at the TT. Listening to AC-DC. I had my adolescence in the 70's. Now those were the days.........

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 11/01/2008 14:22  

I'm with you Blues,the 70's,flares that whipped your legs red raw,esp in the rain,rock discos in village halls and my first baby,a yam rd 200,
oh the innocence of it all.............

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/01/2008 15:15  

p.s DC,do i qualify as supergran

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/01/2008 15:16  

omg now you are bringing back memories, I was a stay at home boring mommy in the 70' and 80's with three children, no life only going to ladies club, plus guess what the leg warmers you were wearing were probably ones I knitted as I used to knit on a knitting machine for people. When i think back to the tank tops I have knitted and neck warmers, bobble hats and horrendous scarfs with left over wool ends. Also used to be sitting at home making all mine and my girls clothes. All this while sucking away at my sherbet dips or sherbet fountains. I think I must have lived my life topsy turvy, as I am having the time of my life now.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 11/01/2008 15:32  

God, I feel old, old, old. T Rex when they were Tyrannosaurus Rex, Radio Caroline on a grotty tranny, Pink Floyd doing Atom Heart Mother live, realising an era had come to an end when the Beatles broke up as I left school, paying at the door to hear the Who live at the Pump Rooms in Bath, Bonzo Dogs and Curved Air at Bristol Uni, Led Zep live at a sort of proto-Glastonbury... Careful, I'm going into boring old fart mode -someone throw a bucket of water over me!

Update Reply
Wills @ 11/01/2008 15:51  

All those things ring true with me DC!! When we were astounded by men in make up during the New Romantic era, and drooled over Duran Duran and Adam Ant!!

Update Reply
FlameRed @ 11/01/2008 17:55  

Snap cassie. My first bike was a brand new Red Rd 200 dx the first one with a disk brake 1977.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 11/01/2008 17:55  

p.s DC,do i qualify as supergran Nah cassie, you aint got grey hair!

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 11/01/2008 17:57  

I remember the transformers cos my son loved them, he was born in 85. I now feel even older than I am!! Cheers lol I was a teen in the 70's and some of the stuff that was around then has resurfaced since, making me feel older still

Update Reply
Sandi @ 12/01/2008 06:17  

phew ,much relieved dc,thanks buddy

good taste and class will always out eh blues
mine was blue,gonna rummage for pics now

love the pic kwak,is she welsh?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/01/2008 08:33  

hey kwak - i was born in 84! lol. I remember most of them, brings back some memories i tell ya. Vague ones like.

Update Reply
Matt @ 12/01/2008 09:00  

I KNOW, no need to remind me SON. lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 12/01/2008 09:19  

Quote Cassie: love the pic kwak,is she welsh? No, I'm English

Update Reply
Sandi @ 12/01/2008 09:26  

One thing I can say about being a kid in the 70's is; SPANGLES! Oh and why have "Wagon Wheels" shrunk?

Update Reply
rattler @ 12/01/2008 19:32  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email