MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Site performane problems - this week

Site performane problems - this week (4) - Forums [Biker Match] Site performane problems - this week (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Site performane problems - this week

Having a lot of problems this end Matt. Taken me an hour to get this far! Sites crashed on me three times! Appreciate the effort you're putting in though.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/01/2008 19:04  

Well here in sunny (well okay, heaving down, blowing a gail) Hull-y its all working well, and loading quickly too, so I dunno but I'm a happy squirrel tonight !

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 09/01/2008 19:08  

Seems ok for now.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/01/2008 19:30  

Hey everyone touch wood! I don't know if they've fixed it or not, they've not sent me an update, but I'll find out.

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/01/2008 02:05  

Still running good, they must have fixed it overnight. Still not heard back from them yet though

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/01/2008 04:02  

well i dont understand all the technical jargon,but i cancelled my subs in Nov.....i would hate to think the site was running slowly due to me.....so i re-subscribed last night after reading this post &......HEY PRESTO!.....all working fine now.I would like to appologise for any inconvenience my lack of funds might of had on the smooth running of the site matt....promise i wont do it again...LMAO

Update Reply
actionman @ 10/01/2008 04:07  

I thought this was a new topic but then realised it was just the title that had been edited. Site *sticking at 09.56 and 10.09 (*taking a bit of time to load the page) Moving at usual speed up to now tho

Update Reply
Sandi @ 10/01/2008 05:33  

Actionman - I didn't want to say anything, but hey we're glad you've returned and service has gone back to normal now lol. Kwak/Others - keep this topic posted throughout the day with updates on how the site is performing for you. Im in work all day so I cant monitor it.

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/01/2008 06:06  

Much much quicker YIPPEEE! Thanks!

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 10/01/2008 06:17  

13.20 up to usual speed

Update Reply
Sandi @ 10/01/2008 08:20  

Much, much better down yer Matt! Hi Actionman! Might've known it would be your fault!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/01/2008 12:43  

hey matt got some news that may help the site . maybe this site needs a 250,000 member service , injectors cleaned , new brake fluid -pads - and tyres , oil and fuel filters an cleaning + polishing etc .

Update Reply
firebladekid @ 10/01/2008 13:07  

hey Dave DD,wasnt me after all.....its getting slower again....should i pay some more money???...does it run on a meter,ha ha ha

Update Reply
actionman @ 10/01/2008 13:13  

haha - the issue still hasn't been fixed. To be honest I don't know how long it will take them to fix. I know from experience in my profession that when you have a corrupt array... you gotta wipe the whole lot and say bye-bye. Basically - the server needs to be wiped clean and rebuilt. That means a lot of backups to restore, reconfigurations etc. They're trying to fix it before taking such drastic action I think. I've started making my own backups of all our data quickly just in case something goes wrong.

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/01/2008 13:17  

my answer is a good bike mec can fix anything so go to you local bike mec matt your get it done quicker and a good job

Update Reply
firebladekid @ 10/01/2008 13:21  

well mine cant - i just got robbed. Asked for a full service, clearly stating i wanted EVERYTHING doing. The guy spoke bad english tho. He say 18k miles, thought it was km, and just did a rubbish minor service... and charged me loads for it! I wanted my shims checking and everything. arrrrggghhh

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/01/2008 13:53  

Update: The site has been stable(ish) all day, with only a few seconds here-and-there when it ran a little slow. Other than that it's been fine. However - the issue isn't fixed! To fix the serious corruption, a full rebuild of the server will take place this weekend. To save further corruption of data, or complete data loss, I will be taking the site completely DOWN during the work. A time is yet to be announced, but an email will be sent out well in advance. During the downtime, all members will simply receive a message saying that the site is temporarily down. Many thanks everyone for your cooperation.

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/01/2008 14:07  

omg Matt will the email have a prescription attached for those that will be suffering withdrawal symptoms during this time. All this sounds as if I will have to find other things to do over the week end like housework or painting.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 10/01/2008 17:53  

23.59 chat room froze then the site froze. I got back on shortly after but it froze again and I couldn't access anything. Logged in a few minutes ago and it was quick then I clicked on this topic and it took a while to load.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 10/01/2008 21:05  

Chatroom will be affected more than any other part of the site at the moment, sorry.

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/01/2008 02:41  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email