MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Trike trouble

Trike trouble - Forums [Biker Match] Trike trouble - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Trike trouble

Hello to all. So I've got a vw trike project im in the process of rebuild. Trouble is the front forks are unknown and the bodged on front caliper is caput. I am at a loss as to what caliper will do the job. So the question is how do I determine what the forks are and the right caliper to refit. The other problem being I removed the top nuts expecting the springs to pop out. They did not. Not a problem but have discovered no oil in legs so am unsure as to weight of oil/airgap etc. Even more frustrating I tried to Google a local garage that does class 3 / trike mot in Birmingham and found sodall. Any of you nice folks got any ideas to any of my woes I would really appreciate the help. Please be patient with replies as I'm totally new to this forum thingy. And many thanks in adbance

Update Reply
Fatdad53 @ 25/07/2018 06:26  

Post some pics on your profile and hopefully the forks can be identified the oil maybe a trial and error as the vw setup will be a different wight to what ever the bike was

Update Reply
JP @ 25/07/2018 06:37  

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Post some pics on your profile and hopefully the forks can be identified the oil maybe a trial and error as the vw setup will be a different wight to what ever the bike was

Update Reply
Fatdad53 @ 25/07/2018 23:30  

Thanks jp will do

Update Reply
Fatdad53 @ 25/07/2018 23:30  

I'm not 100% sure but I think those forks belong to a Harley Davidson sportster 48 and are missing the dust covers.

Update Reply
Burger14uk @ 26/07/2018 20:05  

They do look like harley

Update Reply
JP @ 27/07/2018 04:28  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email