MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Your favourite ride out route

Your favourite ride out route - Forums [Biker Match] Your favourite ride out route - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Your favourite ride out route

What is your favourite ride out route for when you have an afternoon spare and need some bike therapy?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/07/2018 19:34  

Mine today was: Holme Moss ( holmfirth) . Glossop. Snake pass. Down to Castleton. Back up after a break at the tourist centre. A57. Mortimer road to midhopestones. A616 back to Huddersfield.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/07/2018 19:36  

Today was a bimble up to the Northumberland coast, which is the busy side of the A1 lol. We parked scootie at Alnmouth, got changed to shorts and sandles then had a general mooch about, feed, paddle and then an icecream.
About 150 mile all in.
Usually I'll go inland of the A1 which is all about empty roads and slightly more enthusiastic riding - preferably on the big bike but the scooter is game for it too :-) But we did that last weekend which worked out nearer 200 miles and bugger all traffic, perhaps a dozen other vehicles on the best 50 miles.
Who says the roads are crowded lol?

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 22/07/2018 20:05  

It was really busy with bikes today on that road. Which was awesome. But yeah I love it when there are hardly any cars about.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/07/2018 21:43  

The A217 and A25 to Box Hill.

That route has it all, some top speed stuff and stuff more akin to a roller coaster, banked bends and everything. It’s proper exciting and fun to ride, currently my favourite blast. I’ve always had a soft spot for the A25 anyway, going all the way back to 1988 😁

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/07/2018 23:10  

I have to many routes to pick from, so I guess most of us have, but my favourite ride is always the next one.

Update Reply
990 @ 23/07/2018 14:38  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email