MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Breakdown cover I'd already got and didn't know!

Breakdown cover I'd already got and didn't know! - Forums [Biker Match] Breakdown cover I'd already got and didn't know! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Breakdown cover I'd already got and didn't know!

Just going through the dreaded annual renewal process and thought that before I start, I'd give Green Flag a ring to see if they offer cover for bikes, as I already have my car covered with them. I was surprised to be told that, as I have their Personal Cover, I am already covered for whatever vehicle I am in charge of, be it car or bike. Better late than never finding out, but I paid for breakdown cover last year for one bike that I didn't need.
Thought folk might not be aware of this and might like to know. My Green Flag currently cost me just over £70 and that covers me for any cars and bikes that I'm driving. I've had to use them a number of times over (guessing) about 15+ years and they've always been brilliant and arriving within the hour. I misfuelled one of the cars last year and they came out and drained the tank with no charge as I was covered on the policy.

Update Reply
NotPhilMitchell @ 09/06/2018 10:24  

Hey Notphilmitchell (love the name lol ) that's useful knowledge . I will be checking mine shortly .I bet lots of people don't know this

Update Reply
Westy64 @ 09/06/2018 11:13  

Linked to this is Motor insurance renewal. Changed my insurance, recently, from previous company, to a new insurance company, after a better quote and deal.
To find the previous company auto renewed me and took money out of my bank. So had to chase them up and cancel old policy, to get my money back. So check with your present cover that your not auto renewal.
If you don't catch this in time, before cooling off period, you can get stung for cancellation fees. Even though it's not entirely your fault.

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 09/06/2018 20:59  

Goid shout.....
I've noticed a few things doing auto renewal now...... Don't like it meself as it's a con way to catch folk out..... I emailed my insurance straight back and said I did not want to renew with them.....
I got it near 100 squidders cheaper elsewhere.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/06/2018 21:46  

Agree entirely xSuzix. I think old school thinking as gone right out of the window.

Even though, in days gone by, their were no true angels, they still gave respect and didn't practice, capitalist con artists techniques. Trying to screw you over. Your Insurance cancelled and you either went back with them or went somewhere else.

Now their out to stick the boot right in, so its cover yourself time, for all eventualities. No room for expecting fair play anymore. The world we live in I feel.

Waffle, waffle......🤔😁😎

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 10/06/2018 13:40  

This topic needs bringing back up cos it's very informative. As most of us know insurance can be a nightmare! Cheers NPM. 👍

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/10/2018 20:57  

I had this probablem with Carol Nash I'd been with them 12 years and they did a auto renew for £700 twice what I had been paying, when I cancelled they wanted £400 but fortunately they had an old card number which didn't work so they got nothing

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 17/11/2019 16:42  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email