MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

NHS Data Base-to register or not

NHS Data Base-to register or not - Forums [Biker Match] NHS Data Base-to register or not - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

NHS Data Base-to register or not

I have already opted out of this as I don't feel that allowing 300,000 companies/people access to my health records to be right. My Doctors surgery also feels the same way and is encouraging it's patients to opt out by sending a letter to them. My surgery feel that the system is too flawed to be used and they are unhappy about the amount of access given to people to make it secure. Access will NOT be just limited to NHS staff. Be warned. Many Doctors feel the same way. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/health/h...ge_id=1774 This is the link for the letter if you want to use it. http://www.nhsconfidentiality.org/?page_id=3

Update Reply
Di @ 01/01/2008 14:42  

Di, the first link brought up the following message: The page you have requested does not exist or is no longer available. This is the first I've heard of this. I shall be giving a letter to my doctor. I think this is disgusting, no way of opting out? Whos brain-child was this daft idea?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 01/01/2008 18:43  

*When I said 'no way of opting out' I meant I don't think inclusion on the data base should be automatic. Cheers Di for the info I doubt my doc's surgery would have got round to telling me, it's a bit shambolic in there. never anyone on reception, phone rings off the hook before anyone answers it and ya gotta have a limb hanging off, or be dead already, to get a doctor to do a home visit.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 01/01/2008 18:50  

Damn! Looks like they've removed it mate! I found the info on my surgerys website, they provided the other link for me. As only a fifth of Doctors think that the register is a good idea I think that I'll take it as a bad idea! Think of how many people would have access to your records and it's scary!

Update Reply
Di @ 02/01/2008 06:52  

i'll be opting out, mind you, it would take anyone months to read through mine, lol

Update Reply
lula @ 03/01/2008 07:05  

Hi Di and all, my cousin is a GP in Leeds and I asked him about it..he says please please opt out...his brother and father are top IT experts and none of them have any faith in the system. I clicked onto the link and managed to get letter(s) to send to my GP and had no problem with it... Look at the recent fiascos with Child Benefit and DVLA? How could we trust them?

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 03/01/2008 15:07  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email