MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Advice for a newbie

Advice for a newbie (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Advice for a newbie (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Advice for a newbie

I'm not offering any critical comment, other than pointing out she's a German-born artist now based in Liverpool who I happen to know. In person she's a stylish lady and I'll leave it at that.

Update Reply
Wills @ 02/01/2008 19:00  

Hello everyone,

Art well I enjoyed looking at them myself and was interested in the paper aspect as I indulge a little myself. I have finally sorted out my art room and now have space to begin working again.

My paper sculptures are very different lol

but back to the new bike starter i do think the ducati is good size if you are small but i always say you cant beat a triumph (mind you im biased)

I hope she does well in her das and I do think Linda's suggestion about taking test rides is a good one because you never know until you have ridden a bike or sat on one. Does she exhibit in Liverpool Wills.

Update Reply
earthwind @ 03/01/2008 19:34  

Nice to see you back! If the Ducati was a bit less temperamental I'd agree, but I've never heard anyone say a bad thing about the Suzuki and if I was a little less tall I'd probaly buy one myself. me and a friend are working on her! As for the exhibitions, she tends to do 'installations' - all a little bit intense, but she's like that anyway.

Update Reply
Wills @ 03/01/2008 20:19  

With the new speed Triple . Why not get a speed four ( discontinued ) great handling great brakes unusual looks for your arty girl . These are cheap to buy and very easy to ride.£1800 get you a cracking bike came very high in the Ride survey Naked Bike Try one it is a Naked tt600.

Update Reply
wurzelon2wheels @ 04/01/2008 16:43  

Well, speaking as a novice vertically challenged little lady my Ducati Monster SiE620 has been great and problem free since the day I got her(fingers crossed cos thats usually the kiss of death isnt it lmao!!) Cleaning and learning how to maintain bikes seems to come more easily/naturally to alot of us lady bikers - my "baby" gets as much cleaning and tlc as she does riding - its part of the "bonding" process!!! Of course I wouldnt choose to take her out in all weathers but that would apply to whatever bike I had - too precious!!! Also, dont forget its not just about physical strength/build/height of us smaller ladies but also leg length - been a big problem for me!!! CBR600 was much too high-couldnt even touch the floor - only bike I could was a Harley Sportster Low and if I changed the Duke that would be my next one-mainly due to height but also because I like em of course!!! My Duke had a full lowering job doen by Ducati Coventry (1.5-2"" Im told!)- seat and complete bike and I can still only just about reach the floor - a big prob for confidence when a novice rider!!!! I like to feel the earth move but with my feet firmly on it when stationery lmao!! Gotta say tho - the Duke, criticims and all, is definately classy, has plenty of oomph and still very pretty to look at as well as commanding respect out there!! Just depends on what you want, what you like and what you're prepared to put into it (as with everything?) I guess?? Good luck, happy first new bike hunting!!! ..........its also fun and exiting, just make sure, as well as listening to all the knowledgable/well meaning advice (which is important to listen to also!) , you get the one that's really right for you too!! Its where you really gain your confidence, experience, improved riding skills and lots of fun and pleasure from! Sandy

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/04/2008 06:59  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email