MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Tips for riding abroard

Tips for riding abroard - Forums [Biker Match] Tips for riding abroard - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Tips for riding abroard

I'm looking at going to France on the bike for a long weekend. Has anyone got any tips or advice for riding abroad or things I might want to take with me. Even laws that I should look out for. Any info and advice would be a great help.

Update Reply
Burger14uk @ 28/03/2018 12:51  

There are quite a few members who have riden abroad, hopefully they will give you some pointers.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 28/03/2018 14:35  

France is great. Traffic and road manners much better than here in the UK.

Remember your on the wrong side of the road, and when you pull out of a junction look the wrong way first. Traffic comes at you from the left out there.

Well worth swatting up on the 'priority to the right' rules and signs as in rural areas it can really ruin your day if your unlucky to get caught out. Roundabouts take a little practice and thought.

And take a credit/debit card with you as well as cash. Some petrol stations are self serve unmanned only so you have to pay by card, and some will be attended and only take cash.

The RAC and AA have some good advice pages as does the Chunnel company. There's also some good French government web pages out there with info and laws you will need to know.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/03/2018 00:21  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email