MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Bike cover

Bike cover - Forums [Biker Match] Bike cover - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Bike cover

Looking for advice .. about to get a new bike and obviously don't want it exposed to the elements... No room for a garage so what are peoples suggestions?
A friend has suggested the Hide your ride cover but i have read that it bends easily in the wind....
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ridehide-Breathable-Motorcycle-Non-contact-protection/product-reviews/B01M6DSEFJ

I was wondering if this would be better.....
https://www.elbecgardenbuildings.co.uk/4-x-6-113m-x-171m-lotus-lean-to-metal-shed-in-anthracite-grey/p5212

what do you guys think? Thanks Bev

Update Reply
bevk1tty @ 19/03/2018 09:05  

From the pics in the ad, I would say it would need to be positioned like a lean-to and not exposed on all sides to winds. I would have fears of waking up one morning to find it and your bike lying on its side after a gale.

Update Reply
Double six @ 19/03/2018 09:38  

4 x 6 is too small you would need
6 x 8 min

Update Reply
JP @ 19/03/2018 11:17  

I've never trusted those tent type covers, and my neighbours one destroyed itself in the wind. Personally I'd get an Oxford Stormex and spend the difference on security.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/03/2018 15:47  

Message erased

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 20/03/2018 22:08  

I used an argos large cover for a couple of years when leaving my bike at ahotel in London. With abungie cord under the bike linking the sides it did a stirling job &didnt look too flash, which can be adeterrent..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/03/2018 22:17  

I once used a vinyl cover, possibly from Argos. It fused with the paint and removed the top lacquer layer.

Update Reply
Eiron @ 21/03/2018 10:22  

I shopped around on the internet and in the end bought a really good cover by JDC from ebay . Some covers are very cheap and made from a thin material that traps moisture so that your bike ends up sweating . You get what you pay for but you don't need to spend a fortune . Mine was under £50 and is water proof , breathable and very durable . I think those tents lift in the wind and they attract too much attention from thieves .

Update Reply
Stu69 @ 29/03/2018 21:38  

I bought one of these on ebay.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AceBikes-Bike-Cover-Folding-Garage-motorshelter-Motorbike-Shelter-Length-267-CM-/252493739991
for mine till i got my garage built. I found it did the job really well and the storm straps also helped in the wind. Never had to go out to cover it up again in high winds.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/03/2018 11:59  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email