MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Best slip on or full system for ninja 300

Best slip on or full system for ninja 300 - Forums [Biker Match] Best slip on or full system for ninja 300 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Best slip on or full system for ninja 300

Hello I was wondering what the best slip on or full system exhaust would be for my 2014 ninja 300 as the stock one sounds like garbage and can hardly hear it.

Update Reply
Dawid12345 @ 26/02/2018 14:51  

Mind what you get if it's not for road use it will cost you on a spot check and make sure you notify your insurance they can revoke you policy in a claim

Update Reply
JP @ 26/02/2018 16:04  

It does sound a bit crap.
https://www.akrapovic.com/#!/motorcycle/product/road/14883/sound?brandId=31&modelId=174&yearId=868
But if you want a faster bike, the best thing is to buy a faster bike.

Update Reply
Eiron @ 26/02/2018 16:50  

I'd say slip on as cheaper? But also check if you need to do any engine tweaks as diff air intake etc with new cans .....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/02/2018 19:22  

Yep, note Suzi's comment above. Unless you're up for spending on a remap the bike may well run worse.
But if you're just after noise and not too worried about speed go for a slip on system, preferably one that's road legal and designed for your bike to minimise the hassle.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 26/02/2018 20:21  

Not wanting to make it faster just sound a bit better i dont need speed as only use it for committing
----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
It does sound a bit crap.
https://www.akrapovic.com/#!/motorcycle/product/road/14883/sound?brandId=31&modelId=174&yearId=868
But if you want a faster bike, the best thing is to buy a faster bike.

Update Reply
Dawid12345 @ 28/02/2018 05:19  

Just looking for a better sound as stock sounds horrible not to worries about speed as only use it to commute to work
----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Yep, note Suzi's comment above. Unless you're up for spending on a remap the bike may well run worse.
But if you're just after noise and not too worried about speed go for a slip on system, preferably one that's road legal and designed for your bike to minimise the hassle.

Update Reply
Dawid12345 @ 28/02/2018 05:20  

The only thing is I would still check if it affects engine etc coz even a slip on will be different air intake etc.... You might end up with flat spots etc but it might be tgat a quiet baffle will level it out but you will still get better sound..... If you get me....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/02/2018 19:59  

Years and years back a mate of mine wanted a noise improvement on his Kwak zzr600. Popped on an end can he bought cheap and away he went.
It looked great and sounded awesome on the run to the rally. Especially on the motorway at legal(ish) speeds in 4th gear.
Why 4th gear? Ah well it wouldn't pull 5th or 6th gear.
Later, after much faffing around with jets (old fashioned way of dealing with carburetors), he gave up and went back standard. It ran wonderfully then.
Notoriously finicky them bikes.
But oh how we laughed :-)

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 02/03/2018 20:03  

If your bike is the type with the later injection and ignition system then a slip on end can should make it sound better and have little or no effect at all on the running of the engine.

Basicly if you have oxygen sensors in the pipe the bikes injection will automaticly compensate for the weaker mixture and richen it up.

If you wish to replace the whole system then things get complecated and time on a dyno along with ecu reflash may be needed.

Companys such as beowulf or blue flame do end can kits from about £140 a can.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/03/2018 07:33  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email