MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Newbies Forum

New Folk's Profile Pix

New Folk's Profile Pix (2) - Forums [Biker Match] New Folk's Profile Pix (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Newbies Forum /

New Folk's Profile Pix

Wow that's all very intense..l had no idea there was a protocol to be observed. It seems to be a common sense thing to me..?..l am not on here for anything specific, just to find a few like minded people who will hopefully make me smile...as for pics of my bike, they illustrate luggage ideas, sensible additions and the like..as a bit of a solo operator (lately)l don't have too many pics of me (!!) And l always LAUGH OUT LOUD 😂!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/01/2018 21:25  

I've only been on here a week and I'm getting so many messages from blokes with no profile pics or info instantly wanting to email privately for sexting. Trouble is if u don't put a pic up people won't contact you. I ignore ones without any info on or pics

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/02/2018 22:47  

Bluebird 61 if it is bothering you receiving these messages please forward them to one of the mods and they can act on it and if necessary remove them as thatis not what this site is about

Update Reply
JP @ 02/02/2018 06:40  

Thanks JP I have reported one but don't want to look like the BM police ha ha. Does make it difficult to want to stay on here tbf.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/02/2018 09:36  

Bluebird 61 Take no notice of the players as for the police all genuine members don't care if you report the players as they bring the site down

Update Reply
JP @ 02/02/2018 11:04  

Gawd ignore them bluebird..... They ain't typical of this site. Honestly I've made lifelong friends in here and had amazing times and yet more to come...... Stick with it chick and tell em to do one x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/02/2018 15:14  

@ Bluebird 61 - PM'd you.

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 04/02/2018 07:54  

First, and most importantly for me to replying to from above.... Bluebird61 - PLEASE report anyone who is bothering you with such messages. We're trying to run a decent site, with friendly and respectful people. I'll give anyone who's misbehaving just one warning and the chance to correct themselves. If they don't, they're gone! I especially don't like that kind of lewd behaviour when it's clearly unsolicited, often to new ladies joining the site. That's one sure way to destroy the site and all my hard work along with it. So, I take this kind of issue very, very seriously. I ask you and anyone else to please report these people to mods. Also, hit the "block" button on their profile. I regularly look for accounts which have an unusually high number of blocks as that tells me someone is misbehaving.

Secondly, about the profile photos. I know it can be confusing for new members, but it's really quite simple. Here goes...

-You're welcome to have NO profile photo. But the site WILL by default filter your profile out of search results and you wont be entitled to be shown on the homepage, newsletter etc.

-IF you choose to upload a profile photo, at least your main profile MUST be clearly of yourself. It's these photos people see in search results, forum posts etc and don't want to see a bunch of kitchens, cars, sheep (honestly!) etc

-Feel free to just upload ONE photo of yourself and 200 of your bike. I don't care. As long as the main photo is of yourself.

-Mods will change your photo to one clearly identifying you, if available on your account.

-If you ONLY upload photos of bikes etc and none of yourself, we will just delete everything you uploaded.

-New members are given a bit more room than long-term members. We'll drop a PM and politely ask to change the pic or informing that we changed it. Long-term members will not get the same treatment, especially if we think you're just hassling the moderators for no good reason.

I really don't know why it's so difficult for some people. Even when you go to upload a photo in your profile pics album (only that album) you get a clear warning which you have to agree to telling you what's acceptable in that special album.

Thanks to all of you who cooperate and make the site friendly and the moderator's jobs easier.

Update Reply
Matt @ 05/02/2018 21:00  

Matt, to pick up on the 'no pic, no showing' on the newsletter. I get members, without pics, showing up on my newsletter.
🤔

Update Reply
Sandi @ 09/02/2018 08:27  

I'm a total technophobe and even I managed a profile pic 👍

Update Reply
Leon748 @ 09/02/2018 08:27  

And a fine pic it is too duke sad 😀. I don't get the newsletter anymore..... I must check my settings.... 😎🤔🤔

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/02/2018 11:46  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email