MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

If you only plan ONE thing in 2018 (First Aid)

If you only plan ONE thing in 2018 (First Aid) - Forums [Biker Match] If you only plan ONE thing in 2018 (First Aid) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

If you only plan ONE thing in 2018 (First Aid)

Please make it to try and get on a Biker Down or St. John's Ambulance course.

Only this Christmas, was I called upon after 6 six years from first training to assist with an injury and anyone can make a difference.

Might not be to help a stranger either, could easily be to save a loved one.

St. Johns even have a phone app for assistance on any smart device to help brush up knowledge or if no phone signal is available - I'll try to put good links in next.

Thank You - Frank

*BIKER DOWN:

http://www.kent.fire-uk.org/your-safety/road-safety/road-safety-for-bikers/biker-down-contacts/

*ST. JOHNS:

http://www.sja.org.uk/sja/default.aspx

*PHONE APP

http://www.sja.org.uk/sja/first-aid-advice/free-mobile-first-aid-app.aspx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/12/2017 03:50  

Want to add a nod of support to this.

I've been taking first aid training for both corporate and marshal events for many years.
Every time I've been in a position to help, it's been a bonus to be both able and qualified to make a difference during those first crucial minutes.

Earlier this year, my sister was on her way home from passing her bike test. She stopped in a layby to put on wet weather gear, stepping ten yards away from the bike.
At that moment, a car came round the corner, spinning out of control. It skidded into the layby, hitting her bike and dragging it on through the hedge and into a tree.

My sister was trained in first aid at work.

She was able to keep the driver alive and conscious until air ambulance and paramedics arrived.

The driver was considered too unstable to survive the flight, so was taken by road to hospital for surgery.
It was later found that he had a bleed on the brain and passed away several days later.

Even so, those precious few minutes at the time of the incident mattered. My sister was able to give the victim support, maintain an airway and helped the paramedics with their work on arrival.

These kinds of situations happen every day to someone. We still lose people every day on UK roads.

UK Gov June 2017 stats for 2016:-
Deaths: 1710
Casualties: 176500

Being able to give first aid at the time makes a difference to chances of survival.

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 28/12/2017 04:52  

Yep, even a little basic CPR is something everyone should know. I could have saved someone years ago, if I had the knowledge then.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/12/2017 10:46  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email