MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Linked brakes

Linked brakes - Forums [Biker Match] Linked brakes - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Linked brakes

Most new small bikes, and many larger bikes, now have linked brakes.
I can see the logic of linking the rear to the front which leaves the rear lever independent for control braking (for want of a better word).
But I'm not convinced of the need for linking the front to the rear. Other than stunting I can't imagine a time when I would want to use the front without a little rear.
Having said that both of my bikes are linked, one each way, and I have no problem with either.
Your thoughts?

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 25/11/2017 19:38  

On all the Guzzi V-twins i've had down the years,every one has had linked brakes,n/s front and back,done many miles and just became second nature to use the r/h front as an aid on junctions and very steep hills,never had a problem i could think of...took a while to adjust back to 'normal' bikes,to be honest..:)> i'm a fan of them..as long as it's kept simple to work on..:)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 26/11/2017 13:04  

I have a blackbird and it's got linked brakes. To be honest I don't even notice it. I believe it's something like 25% of the pressure applied that goes to the other brake. But you still have the feeling of front/back brakes working independently.

Update Reply
Matt @ 26/11/2017 18:42  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email