MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Motorbike Sales Falling

Motorbike Sales Falling - Forums [Biker Match] Motorbike Sales Falling - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Motorbike Sales Falling

Lack of sales might simply be the cost.

Manufacturers are simply pumping the prices through the roof.

Ontop of that the finance interest rates are simply mental for some manufacturers.

I can quite understand why sports bikes are taking a fall as there just so focused now and the adventure bikes do everything. Including sports bike hunting they make such good value.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/11/2017 19:12  

Might be because the weather has been pants.
Or that everyone daft enough is still getting burnt on pcp.
Not surprised about sports bikes; too focused / extreme to the point they are now boring. Who wants a bike you can only ride at 20%?
Price shouldn't be an issue, although to top range bikes are, as ever, very expensive the middle weights are still affordable and better than ever.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 11/11/2017 20:30  

Pound crashed because of brexit. Products imported now cost 20% more.

People rightly find the new adjusted prices too high. Shouldn't have voted for brexshit then

Ok I'll stop. Promises myself not to get into politics here

Update Reply
Matt @ 12/11/2017 10:47  

Something the market desperatly needs form my personal point of view is a decent middle weight everyday 750-1000cc bike with a pillion seat thats actuly a seat and not an occasional childs perch.

And for manufactorers to make a proper electric bike. Not just a bidged light weight motocross bike or scooter with a 90 mile range but a proper two seat 80mph cruse, 200+ mile range motorbike.

Could be another couple of reasons sales are dipping. And yes price is a big issue. £10k us hell of a lot if money to pay for a hack.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/11/2017 18:20  

I agree with Stuie about a decent middle weight, but i think 350 - 500. best sports bikes i rode were 350lcs. got a few to choose from now from 185 trial bike to 1150 rockster and i mostly ride the smaller ones.

Update Reply
patchfree @ 21/11/2017 19:46  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email