MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

What Bike Has Caught Your Eye?

What Bike Has Caught Your Eye? (3) - Forums [Biker Match] What Bike Has Caught Your Eye? (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

What Bike Has Caught Your Eye?

Gonna try mid range maxi scooter, possibly electric /hybrid.. Anyone?

Update Reply
Jomusic @ 29/06/2018 21:05  

I love my GSXR750 But still regret selling my supermoto..ime currently bidding on a Honda XR 650 SM 🤞

Update Reply
RECOVERY8 @ 02/07/2018 06:12  

The xr650 is a great bike just hope you can keep the thieving shits away from it

Update Reply
JP @ 02/07/2018 07:08  

Aprilia Tuono1000. So much in fact I bought one.

Have to say it was a selfish purchase and the first bike I have bought with my heart and not my head since I was 21.

Also have to say so far it was a fantastic decision. I haven't grinned like this on a bike for over 20 years. It's more comfy than the K1200s. It's easer to ride slow and fast than the K1200s and so far it seams more reliable than he K1200s.

And OMG WHAT A FANTASTIC NOISE!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/07/2018 23:03  

Somebody's orange/black Z900RS at Box Hill!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/07/2018 19:12  

Triumph Street Triple RS.
Got one earlier this month, at the time I thought it might just be a "Stepping stone" for me, it's my 5th bike recently after a racing accident, but even though it's not run in yet I'm loving it already, so light and flickable.
I know my body won't bridge the gap between a road rider and a reasonable racer again, but this bike at least is showing me glimpses of what I once was.

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 24/07/2018 08:05  

Generally speaking I personally prefer to only consider pre-2000 bikes, otherwise the machine is crammed with unnecessary technology. Why am I against such? Ignoring its purpose, and in some areas aesthetics, both of which cannot be argued free of subjectivity there are several massive downsides. When things go wrong one has more parts to go wrong; today's so called 'mechanics' are no longer such and if they can find the faulty part (very often not - replacing healthy part after healthy part) they don't have the necessary skills to repair (only replace); often only that marque dealerships have the necessary test equipment; main dealerships are expensive; and wherever one sources a new part it costs a fortune; overall modern design reduces vehicles to scrap far too early in their lives due to maintenance costs.

Very recently a main car dealership had me throw away c. £3,000. on replacing unnecessary part after part after part. Each time I complained the industry's stock excuse emerged 'Sir, you had numerous faulty parts in your vehicle and they all needed replacing.'

So, I had no choice but to try to fix the problem myself which I eventually did. It transpired that the transmission was massively over-filled and its contents were nothing short of thick brown sludge. Yes, all extremely basic stuff which any mechanic worth his salt should have quickly found! Instead I have a new fuel pump, cam belt kit, EGR, fuel injectors etc.

Overall modern design not only presumes us to be impotent, but also ensures that we are impotent insofar as the joy of fully maintaining our own equipment is no longer remotely possible. Indeed my cousin, a top flight vehicle engineer and senior brake systems designer, can nowadays undertake very little work on his Jaguar. Mostly he simply hands his car over to the techno boffins.

The sad part is that most car and motorcycle users have swallowed this nonsense hook line and sinker believing all is provided under the beneficial cloak of 'modern improvements.'

You are excused if you wet yourselves laughing.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/07/2018 08:12  

Hi everybody I’ve just fallen for the Ducati diavel - wow sex on wheels what a beast. Test ride I’m thinking 🎉

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/07/2018 18:25  

I keep looking at the new Yamaha XT 1200Z Raid. I just love riding the XT. Apart for the 15 grand price tag I would get 1 tomorrow

Update Reply
JP @ 27/07/2018 17:40  

I’m looking at getting a Ducati 900ss or a Ducati 900 superlight 👍🏻 Rik 🏍💨

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/08/2018 12:30  

My black bird caught my eye straight away and I love riding it . It's a bike I've said I would never part with . Also just recently the honda valkyrie has caught my eye and now am in the process of raising the funds to buy one

Update Reply
Westy64 @ 15/08/2018 12:36  

1980s 850 T3

Update Reply
dubs @ 17/09/2018 19:14  

I think it's the valkerie that my mate has..... Does it look a bit Sci fi? Anyhow if it is..... It was soooo smooth on acceleration.... Powerful but nit a sudden grab at power if you get me..... Very smooth progression and when I pillied with my mate many years ago every gear change was like being catapulted forward lmfaooo.. 😂 😂 😂 😂...... So it was nice to get on back oh his bike and tgst not happen pmsl....... But he us very impressed with it and has been riding for about 40 yrs

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/09/2018 20:49  

I like both my bikes but recently had a test ride on the new BMW Bagger very impressive for a tourer.

Update Reply
Preluxe57 @ 22/09/2018 13:03  

cb150f in Pakistan @ <1/2 uk price (of 125)

Update Reply
JoePilot @ 22/09/2018 17:15  

I want a bmw k1300s before I get too much older! sat on one a few weeks ago and didnt feel as heavy as i thought it would.

Update Reply
Micknchez @ 23/09/2018 09:39  

Thinking of a Kawasaki W 650 , been out on it twice now as test rides ,so similar to my old Triumph Saint but better. Anyone had experience with them ? Any random thoughts always welcome [for the bits I may have missed or not thought about] Still got the Enfield

Update Reply
Quietman2 @ 23/10/2018 23:18  

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
1980s 850 T3
Hey Dubs, check out my bike. I put the word out I was looking for a Guzzi(had an 850T before, and only realised last week the T stands for Tonti, Lino), and one week later, one of the guys said he'd seen a rusting one under an oil tank, behind a garage. Guy wanted £400. I imagine that out there in sheds, garages, etc, there are masses of interesting bikes, in various states of disrepair. Obviously Guzzi owners club GB is a good place to look for a good condition one.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/10/2018 16:11  

Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor, half the price of a bonnie.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/10/2018 19:26  

Got my beady eye on a very nice 2nd hand Yam YBR650 at min... :)

Update Reply
Lulu7 @ 27/10/2018 09:59  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email