MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

What Bike Has Caught Your Eye?

What Bike Has Caught Your Eye? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] What Bike Has Caught Your Eye? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

What Bike Has Caught Your Eye?

Still love the gen 1 zx10r that I have as the insane power but no abs or tc on the bike. I still think one of the best sounding bikes I’ve heard was my 03 Millie r rsv with a full titanium exhaust. Set car alarms off on full chat and the yellow carbon body work was amazing

Update Reply
Natt112 @ 30/11/2017 19:18  

In the short time I've started developing an interest in bikes (something to do with me turning 40?) I've seen two that have caught my eye. Please don't laugh but by all means tell me to steer well clear if you think they are not suitable for short rides and just getting the feel for the whole bike experience. I do want to go off road as well, probably riding more trails for fun rather than on the road if/where that is allowed. I love the look of the Kawasaki KMX125 in either green/white/blue or red/white. I did spot a Kawasaki KMX200 in red/black which looked awesome but not sure if that would be too powerful for a newbie like me. The other bike on my list is a Yamaha DT125 in Red/White. All three appeal to the 80s-geek Sci-fi nerd in me for some reason I can't quite explain.

Update Reply
New2Biking @ 14/01/2018 20:17  

In my opinion, Ragnar's response to your previous post was best advice.

Bike test regs are dependant on date of birth and when you first passed your test and applied for a licence. The classes you can drive and which tests are necessary for you are specific and at the least - confusing.

Hiring a bike at a training school for CBT and arranging hazard perception with DSA is the cheapest and easiest option.

You can also get best advice on whether A2 class is an option, which could open up the 200 / 300cc machines for you.
Pop over to your nearest rider training school and have a chat. Advice from here will only be generic and vague because of your specific circumstances.

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 15/01/2018 00:54  

MV Agusta Dragster 800 RR 2018. Pure art! Pictures don't do these bikes justice, you have to see them in the flesh. The attention to detail is just superb! The F4 ain't arf nice too.
For the cruiser crowd, the new 2018 Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster looks interesting. Rode the Bobber last year but got backache after about 45 mins. Same with the 1700 Commander Storm. Love the look of them, but couldn't live with the riding position. This Speedmaster looks a tiny bit more conventional. Hope it's comfortable too. Will be finding out soon, I hope.
I see a few comments about the VFR. I have a friend with a very exotic collection of bikes. Asked him if he could only keep one? The 15+ years old VFR800 he's had from new!

Update Reply
NotPhilMitchell @ 16/02/2018 00:53  

Rat bikes...... Custom bikes.... Old skool 70s style chops..... Hsrleys..... These bikes are sex on wheels 😍😍

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/02/2018 18:19  

Z1000sx.... So I went and bought one ❤❤

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 16/02/2018 21:09  

One thing that hasn't changed in my 40-odd years of meeting bikers is nearly everyone has their own take on their dream bikes. Most buy to impress themselves and a few buy to impress others. What one drools over, the next wouldn't give a thank you for, yet by and large we all have that one thing in common....

Update Reply
NotPhilMitchell @ 16/02/2018 23:27  

NC700, not your average biker option but economy is there and it'll do for work :)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/03/2018 08:12  

Finally got to see a new Z900RS, and it looks very nice in black. Pity it doesn't fit.
But with clip-ons, rearsets and a lower seat it would be just right.

Update Reply
Eiron @ 24/03/2018 19:56  

Eagerly awaiting to see what triumph are going to do next, hopefully something along the lines of a Daytona 765 to go with the moto2 bike

Update Reply
Kayne1993 @ 03/04/2018 00:12  

Walked in my local dealers to pick up new boots and went away with a little something for the weekend, an XV950R :)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/04/2018 22:49  

Still in this day and age no one makes the bike I really want. KTM have come close with the 790 duke but I hate KTM. If I could have all the electrickery and tft of the 790 on the MT 09 that would be getting close.

Update Reply
Na5ty @ 17/04/2018 09:31  

I've got all of the 'lectrizicle trickery on one of my bikes and while it looks good in the showroom, with its colour digital display, it's a whole lotta (expensive) problems waiting to happen from what I read (mind you, it is Italian!). One of my other bikes is just a plain 'ole speedo (albeit with a digital display inlaid) sitting up front and when I ride that one, chuggin' along often below the speed limit (really!) I catch myself torn between the laid-back simplicity of of the one, set against the high-performance, technology-laden offerings of the other.
So, coming back to your point Na5ty, why don't you have a look at going down the custom-built route. If you join the base-bike's owners/riders club, there are some really knowledgeable folk out there who can offer help and advice.
If you want to get some inspiration, get yourself along to Cheltenham Town Hall 8-9 Sept for the next Kickback custom show. You might also get to meet some really lovely BM folk as I did at the recent Stoneleigh Kickback!

Update Reply
NotPhilMitchell @ 19/04/2018 22:53  

The bikes i like at the moment are the Cagiva Elefant 650 Lucky Strike and a Steve Wynne Cagiva 600 F2 sports bike.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/04/2018 00:32  

Na5ty. Forgot to add, a mate got rid of his new X-Diavel with all the electrickery cause it was constantly going wrong with electrical faults. Now got a Triumph Bobber and loves it. Sometimes less is more.

Update Reply
NotPhilMitchell @ 21/04/2018 23:35  

Thanks for all that notphilmitchell. I have a friend with a multistrader and he says the same, must be an Italian thing. I’m more after stuff like lean angle abs and traction for safety and connection to my phone so I don’t have to have it in grabbing reach from thieves.

Update Reply
Na5ty @ 22/04/2018 16:41  

Morning folks, the sports bike that caught my attention is the Cagiva TT 600 F2 replica, but it is what it can be turned into is what got my imagination going.The bike i really want is a 1980's Cagiva 750 F1 Tony Rutter replica in Castrol Cagiva colours and get the weight down to 100 kg's wet and about 135 bhp + with engine mods and a replica race exhaust system, air filter cones, and properly setup carbs.Using a Ducati Santa Monica 750 F1 engine with an upgraded fan assisted oil cooler ( 95 bhp at crank std ), lightweight strong frame & sub frame ( single seat unit ). Reinforced CF fairings and seat unit, reinforced CF wheels and decent rubber.And be road legal too, with lights, mirrors etc.Plus decent suspension and brakes.That is a force to be reckoned with.

Nath.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/04/2018 09:21  

Any Ducati,but too expensive for me. But still love my CBR 600.

Update Reply
molli @ 24/04/2018 09:47  

I adore my grey MV Agusta Dragster, but the Dragster RR in red and white is just sex-on-wheels. I simply couldn't justify the extra cost. Meanwhile in the real world, a Husqvana Vitpilen 701 would be fun and different.

Update Reply
Captain Invincible @ 28/06/2018 12:29  

I'm a GSXR 1000 sort of person, though from 1986 onwards I was a GSXR 1100 sort of person. See a pattern here?

One bike that caught my eye, is the KTM RC8. I'll never give up big GSXR's, but I can see an RC8 next to a GSXR in the very near future. Oh, and I also like the Harley Davidson Fat Boy that Arnie rode in Terminator 2. That's the only Harley I like, apart from the XLCR 1000. But they only made 1500 of those and you never see them out and about. I'm not into those big shiny hairdresser type Harleys, and leather chaps don't suit me anyway!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/06/2018 14:57  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email