MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Enfield

Enfield - Forums [Biker Match] Enfield - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Enfield

Royal Enfield...!

Yowzers! It must be an age thing ... I likey ... ALOT!

Yowzers! I'm liking ... It must be an age thing 😊

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/2017/november/royal-enfield-650-interceptor-continental-gt/

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 08/11/2017 22:00  

Wotcha.

So far, so good. I'll be happier once I've seen one in the flesh - and they have a definite price for 'em.

The only downside for me is the fact they will be left foot gear change . . . my left foot doesn't work properly, thanks to a careless driver a few years back.

Update Reply
GHW @ 09/11/2017 02:33  

The older Enfields are right hand gear change so if the remade are true to the bike they should be the same

Update Reply
JP @ 09/11/2017 02:41  

Wotcha.

They will be left hand shift because :
A - All new bikes sold in the USA have to be left hand shift.

B - In order to comply with the Euro 4 regs, new bikes have to be left hand shift.

I have an older Enfield Bullet - 1991 - and that is right hand shift. OK, so I fitted a five speed box in 2007, but it's sill right hand shift. You can configure 'em to keep the "one up - four down" shift pattern.

Update Reply
GHW @ 09/11/2017 02:56  

They look nice new but lets see what they are like when they have some miles and age on them, also no doubt the engines will be as gutless as the old ones.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/11/2017 08:25  

They'll be a completely different bike with an exhaust/air filter/remap done to it. You know, getting rid of all that emissions crap that strangles it down to 47bhp. :-)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/11/2017 11:10  

The aftermarket will go nuts for them, the Hipsters will be buying them left right and centre, then riding to Starbucks to sit there on their iPads while admiring the beards of their fellow Hipsters. ;-)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/11/2017 11:12  

I think it would be fun for a little fine-weather frolicking.
The days when I got turned on by stupid speeds are long gone, so a 'mere' 47bhp would not be a problem.

Hell - me and 4 other friends took a bunch of 1970s small 2-stroke Yamahas down to the South of France in 2014, and they barely had 40bhp. Didn't stop the fun we had.

Though every other biker we met along the way on their big modern tourers and adventure bikes thought we were absolutely raving:)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/11/2017 12:14  

I will stick to the older models from the 50s 60s

Update Reply
JP @ 11/11/2017 14:24  

Panuno, your 40bhp 2 stroke will muller that 47bhp 4 stroke. Good effort for taking a 2 stroke that far though. :-)

That Enfield will sound like a choked up 125 with no throttle response, letting it breathe properly will be the best mod you can do to the bike. It won't do anything except make it safer to ride, you'll have better throttle response and you'll be able to overtake a lot safer/quicker/better. Unless you like being hung out on the other side of the road, because the bike hasn't got the power to pull a greasy stick out of a dog's arse.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/11/2017 00:55  

more to the point.... why do they not show us the left hand side view?....surely it can't be any uglier than the right side.. can it???

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/11/2017 20:08  

Hopefully the engine isn't a faithful copy of the original Enfield Twins.....powerful,but so prone to oil leaks...ruined any good reputation Royal Enfield had left...

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 16/11/2017 20:30  

The cafe version with the hump is all wrong, the seat is just too short for the frame.
The other version looks nice though.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 20/11/2017 19:40  

@Steve-H maybe put a stretched "clubmans tank" on it ,that would push seat a bit further back on frame then hack it off behind it? throw away the EFI unit add twin carbs and a close ratio box and then would you like it ? lolol I would , but NOT in that fake "Laverda" orange, go back to the blue and cherry reds they were originally produced with.
Taniababe it is an Indian copy of an English bike trying [and failing] to be Japanese . . . . . Of course it looks ugly ,what else do you expect hehehe
I will stick with my 2013 version of the 500 single and just keep racking the miles up .

everyone Keep safe and happy windy roads ttfn

Update Reply
Quietman2 @ 20/11/2017 21:45  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email