MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Motorcycle thefts in the West Midlands are rising

Motorcycle thefts in the West Midlands are rising - Forums [Biker Match] Motorcycle thefts in the West Midlands are rising - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Motorcycle thefts in the West Midlands are rising

Reports of motorcycle thefts in the West Midlands have risen by more than 50% in the first six months of this year, according to police data.

Campaigners the Motorcycle Action Group says cheaper bikes are being targeted because they are easier to steal and often used to carry out crimes.

West Midlands Police has started a "Lock it or Lose it" campaign encouraging riders to take extra measures to secure their motorcycles.

Video: http://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-england-birmingham-41417169/motorcycle-thefts-in-the-west-midlands-are-rising

Update Reply
Matt @ 07/11/2017 10:15  

They,ve already had a go at mine, 4 hooded weazels rammed a transit van through my garage doors.
All the alarms went off and they got nothing.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/11/2017 14:04  

Wow! The little shits. Hope you've got cameras

Update Reply
Matt @ 07/11/2017 14:57  

There is a major problem with bike thefts across the uk London is the worst hit with 50 Scooters stolen everyday day. Now insurance companies are starting to refuse to insure bikes. The problem is the scrots know they wont get caught as the police have been told if they are not wearing helmets don't chase them. The police are now being held responsible for anyone injured in a chase that are not wearing correct bike gear. So if we get any names we should do the job for the police kick the shit out of them break there hands arms legs then chain them to a lamp post so there mates can see what the real price is when they are caught.

Update Reply
JP @ 07/11/2017 17:20  

JP - totally agree. It's hard to find out who's doing it though without the police helping by investigating.

Honestly I don't know what the solution is. It's terrible

Update Reply
Matt @ 07/11/2017 18:59  

Slightly off topic but anybody that uses a key fob zapper to lock and deadlock the car/van etc. Make sure and double check the vehicle is locked,before walking away.
Apparently gangs are hiding away in corners of car parks,using a device ? To disable or stop the auto key locking of your vehicle.
You walk away,without checking, thinking it is locked and hey presto it is gone when you return or as been rifled through !

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 07/11/2017 20:04  

@Cat. My thinking too. Put them between two baps,smother them in chum and shout "Dinner time Fido" then from a half nelson into a full nelson 😎

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 08/11/2017 10:40  

Wotcha.

I like the way the police are trying to shift the blame from the thieves to the bike owner. Obviously it's your own fault for not buying a good enough lock.

There ain't a lock on the market that will withstand a rechargeable angle grinder. . . . .and what, pray tell, are we to do prevent the "bike-jacking" acid throwers ?

Even if the police do chase and apprehend them, the local courts will let 'em off with a slap on the wrist.

I do hope it doesn't come to vigilante justice, but I'd quite willingly give them the same amount of respect as they give for the law.

Update Reply
GHW @ 09/11/2017 02:51  

@ catkins
@ yorkie mick

Those remote devices you're referring to, can be hacked with a handheld scanner to ID the electronic combination.

The most likely reason for the theft is that the lock / ignition has already been scanned, and when the owner uses the remote from a distance the signal can also be checked.

Keyless ignitions are a gift to thieves. The technology is too straightforward.

I often see people remotely unlock their vehicles from 20 yds away or more.
I guess it's because it impresses the locals.

Makes stealing the vehicle easier, too.

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 09/11/2017 16:30  

@GHW has got it spot on. ;-)

For every two of us that would take it to them, there's 200 that can't be bothered. Then there's those that would be too scared. Some others won't want to break the law. And some won't want to hurt people.

I don't really want to go round hurting people, but I don't class scum like that as people so it would be open season on them as far as I'm concerned. The courts are pathetic, it's almost as if they want a deliberate total breakdown of society, and they're trying to force it by keeping scum like this on the streets and not jailing them. So they go on being lowlife scum because they know the courts won't jail them, so plod won't bother doing anything cos they know the courts won't jail them properly, if at all. So it all comes back down to, it must be deliberate. Conspiracy, lol. Seen my tin foil hat?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/11/2017 16:41  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email