MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Boiler

Boiler - Forums [Biker Match] Boiler - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Boiler

Well to add to all my fuckin problems - my boiler is now bolloxd! Any ideas folks??? ... Light the pilot light, all ok. Can leave it on and its fine. Turn the boiler on and the jets come on (lit from the pilot) However - when the jets come on, the pilot fades out. Then it realises the pilot has gone out and in turn shuts the system down to prevent gas leak etc. Any ideas??? Cheers

Update Reply
Matt @ 26/09/2006 17:14  

probably yor 'thingy',or yor 'wotsit'?-hav u8 checked both?? try with multimeter,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,'thingy' should be showing 1.73 volts ( multimeter set 0 to 200), wotsit should show some resistance, ( m/m set to lowest ohms point),,,,,,,,,

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/09/2006 17:31  

well im lost dont know about u matt lol

Update Reply
RC @ 26/09/2006 17:36  

or try a new thermocouple?!?!,,,,,,,,,if u hav a 'trad' boiler-not combi,,,,,thats the long wire that pickks up yor spark ,looks like a sparkler but wiggly?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/09/2006 17:38  

Yep, I agree with rushwind..................................i think

Update Reply
Di @ 26/09/2006 17:42  

try a plumber mate lol

Update Reply
Oggy @ 27/09/2006 01:20  

I'm with oggy there mate. Corgi plumber. Don't want you going bang.

Update Reply
rubecula @ 27/09/2006 04:37  

well.... sorted it! Pulled frame off fire, then got the fire thingies out (That get hot) and unscrewed all the screws i could see. Then pulled the whole fire out, which was surprisingly easy but still heavy. Once behind the fire, i pulled random plates off. Wires and pipes flying everywhere at this point. Please try and picture it! Computer-Geek Vs Trad-Boiler! Bring it on. Anyhow, all this plate things just kept sliding outta the way and stuff, few more screws follow and things start to actually FALL off. Eeeek. Anyhoo... Matt breaks through to the brain of it all. Its FILTHY! So i give a good hard (yea yea, F.O!) blow on the jets and find myself in a HUGE clowd of smoke. Still cant figure out what happened there, must be a technical thing. Hoover out, dry paint brush out, bit of cleaning up. All looks fine. Try to find adjuster for the pilot, but all the screws just make more bits fall off. Oooops. Anyhow, nothing seemed to fix the problem. It was at this point that I thought to phone the gas board to come check the supply. When I though... "Supply". hmmm, lets go see the gas box thingy. Bit of digging reveals the gas meter and a big fuckin handle... which coincidentally appears to be only half-open. Yes yes yes.... I'll call someone out next time! Fuckin ell. 3 hours later its all put back together.

Update Reply
Matt @ 27/09/2006 13:49  

BANG !!!, is it a bird is it a plan matts boiler just bang

Update Reply
firebladekid @ 27/09/2006 14:09  

awwwwwwwwwwwwww bless be nice firebladekid lol

Update Reply
RC @ 27/09/2006 16:32  

good job you sorted?!! your boiler out matt,its plenty cool tonight in the shire of lincoln, in fact, when i got in this evening i thought ,brrrr, bit chilly! extra jumper or heating on, ' fraid the gas won, its quite toasty now, hope your boiler is still staying mended! and warming you and g/friends cockles.

Update Reply
kay @ 27/09/2006 16:49  

yeah ive put my heating on to tonight, bit brass in derbyshire to lol

Update Reply
RC @ 27/09/2006 16:51  

nah i prefer it to be cold than hot, i hate hot weather!!! Cant do without hot water tho. After my efforts last night, i think i should be a gas-man!

Update Reply
Matt @ 28/09/2006 15:18  

Rip it out and install a coal fire.... sorted!

Update Reply
Speedy Claire @ 28/09/2006 16:44  

yes yes yes speedy claire, nothing more romantic than sat in front of roaring fire roasting your nuts. you REALLY cant beat a real fire, warms your bones in a cold snap! didnt know you own a corgi matt!!!!!! (plumbing joke!)

Update Reply
kay @ 28/09/2006 18:17  

nightmare Matt. Now did you remember NOT to brick up the cat when you rebuilt it all?

Update Reply
rubecula @ 28/09/2006 18:31  

nnnnnnooooooooooooo! not the cat! all gods creatures got a soul!

Update Reply
kay @ 28/09/2006 18:49  

ROFabsolutelyPML @ MAtt's 'blonde' moment. It reminds me of the time when my son was about 2 yrs old, I'd told him off for putting the kitten head first into a drinking mug and in a hissy fit, he turned off the switch for the central heating. Of course I hadn't seen him do it so I had no idea what was wrong so I called out the gas company to come and look at it. Boy was I embarrassed when the gas man said 'it helps if you switch it on' and I realised what my son had done, little bratling.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/09/2006 20:31  

glad you got your boiler fixed matt, last time i wrecked anything i took my comp to bits to "mend" it big mistake it cost me loads to have it done right !!!!! but i never learnt took my sons hi fi to bits soldered some wires back on, put it all back together and had half a dozen pieces left !!!! and no whre to put them it died a death most horrid an got put in the dustbin now make lists of wiring diagrams, an take pickies of the stuff before i investigate the prob !!!!

Update Reply
storm @ 29/09/2006 11:33  

When I was doing my motorcycle mechanics course I used to sneak up on someone's job and put an oily bolt in his box of bits..... when he finished he would have one left over.

Update Reply
rubecula @ 29/09/2006 17:19  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email