MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Request: Events for calendar

Request: Events for calendar (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Request: Events for calendar (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Request: Events for calendar

Gosh...that process is very confusing!

I just edited the entry for Nick Sander's Mach festival in May 2017 as a test. It worked - but required some care and patience...

I've added Mach festival 2018 since I was there...

PM'd a couple of examples

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 07/11/2017 07:59  

All calendar events approved which were pending.
Also corrected a lot of events which had incomplete addresses.

Nick/Mods, I've made a little trick. If you ctrl+click now on an event then it will open the edit page on the old site for you. So going through the admin list just holding ctrl+click on each event will open a load of new tabs for you to work with.

I've done them all now though so they should be all enabled. Now it's a matter of A) adding new ones and B) Keeping the list maintained.

Really do need more BMers organising things though. Just ride outs, BBQs, whatever.

Update Reply
Matt @ 07/11/2017 09:28  

Ok stupid mistake.... the "Add event" page had a bug in it, preventing people adding events for half of the event categories (mixed up the event and forum categories in my code).

Supposed that's a result of programming at 3am haha. Sorry.

Now fixed.

Also..

ADDED: You can now specify when adding an event if it is a BM Organised event or not (like your own ride out etc).

Update Reply
Matt @ 07/11/2017 14:57  

Another bug found which prevented people adding events which started before 10am if they finished after midday. Daaaaamn why don't people report these bugs to me? :-(

Update Reply
Matt @ 07/11/2017 15:45  

Can you make upcoming events threads sticky there getting lost in all these threads that are being started to make the site look busy

Update Reply
JP @ 11/11/2017 19:07  

Yea i need to make "sticky" threads again. I'll try and get round to it.

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/11/2017 20:28  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email