MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Request: Events for calendar

Request: Events for calendar - Forums [Biker Match] Request: Events for calendar - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Request: Events for calendar

Could I please ask for some help populating the calendar on the site?

It's the main purpose of the site - bringing bikers together.

If you have the time to setup a local ride out, pub meet, whatever - please add to the calendar.

Or if you notice a missing public event, please add it.

Thanks!
Matt

Update Reply
Matt @ 26/10/2017 13:14  

I'm finding lots of events I'm planning to attend in 2018 haven't posted full details yet, but I do have a bunch to add to the calendar as soon as they do :)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 31/10/2017 22:35  

Thanks guys
Wannabe please add the details to the calendar so the events team can approve.
If you don't have time or know how, please just send a link to the official event to one of the calendar admins: https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/misc/staff.asp

Thanks!

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/11/2017 10:58  

Matt, looking ahead the events calendar is showing an error from July 18 onwards.
I like the filter options, it's just what we need.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 01/11/2017 19:13  

I'm happy to add the evernts Matt - just waiting on organisers to confirm final details... Websites are still showing 2017 information at the moment.

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 01/11/2017 19:54  

I'm getting the same as Steve - from July 2018 onwards, the calendar is a bit broken.

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 04/11/2017 23:21  

Hi Matt
I added one for August, but can't see it. Drunken monkey festival. Raising money for Midlands air ambulance.. Special camping for bikers...
Lynne

Update Reply
Lynne @ 05/11/2017 03:57  

@ Lynne

Events are usually pended until checked by an events mod.
If yours is in August - and there's a problem with the calendar from July on, we might need to check for an issue with it.

I can see pending events to May - Carole Nash bike show is there...

Matt...?

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 05/11/2017 07:03  

I popped the details on for an August show last night too. (Kent Chrome and Cruisers)

I know events have to be mod checked before they go live, so if you're only seeing pending requests up to May, sounds like anything beyond that is getting lost in the ether.

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 05/11/2017 07:14  

Nickscafe
Thanks for getting back to me. I had noticed you couldn't see July onwards but wondered if it was my phone causing it. Haha.
Ok no rush as it's next year. Great festival though... 😊

Update Reply
Lynne @ 05/11/2017 11:41  

Error fixed, thanks!
Silly mistake that caused empty months to crash.

Update Reply
Matt @ 05/11/2017 20:00  

Cheers Matt - do you know if the pending events, e.g. the ones Lynne and I submitted for August are now in the pending approval stage... Or have they floated off somewhere into the ether, never to be seen again? :D

I don't want to duplicate a submission if it's sitting somewhere awaiting attention.

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 05/11/2017 21:54  

OK..so here's the thing:-

There are pending entries on the new site for all of those gigs you folks have mentioned - stretching into August...

But I can't access them to check or enable, due to a small glitch :)

Matt - the events aren't populating to the old site for mods to edit / enable / validate.
Also...I've enabled the Carole Nash bike show on the old calendar in Feb, which was the only event pending. It has changed on the new calendar.

Can you check VB scripting?

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 06/11/2017 07:55  

Ah OK, so they're not vanishing entirely then. Best not flood you with duplicates :)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 06/11/2017 09:31  

Nick.... I've now added an "Edit" button for mods on the new website event page. But it takes you to the old website (CTRL+Click to open in new tab, i find that handy).

If you then press the "update" button on the old website's edit event page it will enable automatically (as well as saving any of your changes).

I've been going through as many as I can this morning. Sadly all old events though and what we really desperately need is NEW events for November onwards

Update Reply
Matt @ 06/11/2017 11:11  

Hi Matt
Myself and Wannabe have both entered new events. Are they still waiting to be checked? Mine was for the beginning of August, Drunken monkey rock festival.
Lynne

Update Reply
Lynne @ 06/11/2017 12:06  

I'll pop something up for the Aircooled RD Club - there's the annual rally in Derby 1st or 2nd week of July.
Not just limited to club members, anyone with an interest in old 2-strokes welcome

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/11/2017 12:33  

Extra work for you Boss Man but i have been asked by a couple of members if it is possible to have a separate calendar for the weekly bike meets, saves clogging up the main calendar

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 06/11/2017 12:34  

Matt - not so sure they've all been been captured.
There are still a large number of events waiting to be enabled on the new calendar, that aren't accessible.
Events waiting to be enabled through to September.

Jackie - I don't see why they have to be added to a second calendar. Just adds more effort to looking for something.

Can't we just add them to the current section?

jinxy made a fine effort to add dates for the Gloucs meets this year - nice and clear.
Cross reference the local meets with a regular update on an event topic in the appropriate category.
Worked a treat :)

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 06/11/2017 19:46  

Jackie - no it isn't, but I could add a filter for them so they can be filtered out. Or we just need to accept less of them. To be honest I don't think it's a problem. If it was a problem then November would be full of events - and it's not.

Nick, which aren't accessible? Please send me a link via PM. I didn't see them earlier today when I was trying to get through the list.

If all mods could also help fix the events in red which have missing address fields etc that would also help, thanks

Update Reply
Matt @ 06/11/2017 22:39  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email