MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Grrrrr-otty Day or Brrrrr-ill Day??

Grrrrr-otty Day or Brrrrr-ill Day?? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Grrrrr-otty Day or Brrrrr-ill Day?? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Grrrrr-otty Day or Brrrrr-ill Day??

Both, lovely day shopping with old folk only to be given a cold :(

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/01/2018 21:46  

Well I,ve had a grotty one and made a few others grotty by the looks of it, never mind it can and will bet better from herein now its out of the system.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/02/2018 23:21  

Get All clear from doc can ride bike again [6 weeks unable too, BUT have started it every day and run it for 30 mins] check tyres oil brakes ,you name ,checked it .Turn key every thing lights up as it should press electric kick and "clunk" nothing all electrics gone .Battery off, spare [fully charged ]on, put new plug in, try using kick start "cough = cough" then nothing Flatten spare battery on electric start Still nothing Ring Spanner who doing MOT week Monday ,he says "wrap it up again I will see you week Monday when collect it for MOT and service see ya Am on holiday "
GRRRRR not the happiest bunny on campus

Update Reply
Quietman2 @ 17/02/2018 16:49  

Brill day....drove hundreds of miles to help out a friend.....had a great time and the feel good factor is enormous!

Update Reply
Openspaces @ 17/02/2018 20:58  

Oh no sorry to hear that Catkins chick and hope your evening gets better x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/07/2018 19:17  

Fabby little day with lots of small things going right and a couple of amazing wildlife encounters which I absolutely loved
Last night I was reading up on dragonflies coz I love them and saw a few at last mooring but none here......... Today a beautiful golden brown dragonfly flew in through my open cratch cover and then open bow door, I was sitting on chair and it flew about 15 ft into my living space right by me did a couple turns then flew back out 😍😍😍
Within 10 seconds a fledged blackbird flew in threw the cratch cover!! and after a few places it sat atop my door and called its dad... I took a few photos and I had to make sure he didn't fly in the boat!! Dad eventually coaxed him back outside but baby was quite happy 😊 😊 ... I've been feeding the parents so maybe he came to say thanks 😀 😀 😍😍 fantastic

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/07/2018 19:29  

Indeedio Catkins chick 😊. I'm also a great believer in animal guides and messengers and I just love the synchronicity of them coming to me as if answering a call.....
I've hot a wee glass of red going on too.... Cheers and when does new family member arrive?? X

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/07/2018 20:49  

Great day Finally home after 3 weeks treatment in hospital,With both the knowledge and equipment to keep me out of the place .

Update Reply
Quietman2 @ 10/08/2018 23:35  

Good to hear you are finally home QM and feeling much better!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 12/08/2018 17:09  

Om back on the water.... Woohooooo
Hadn't realised how much living on the water is now part of my blood til the last 4 days my boat has been out on hardstanding while I blacked 4 coats on my bottom.. 😂 😂 😂
I feel amazing coz tgsts her sorted for another 3 yrs but I feel ALIVE coz I'm back on the water feeling the natural continuous movement and flow beside fields instead of concrete tarmac and roads... Blessed beeee ⛤ 🕉 thank you....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/08/2018 18:35  

Cheers Catkins chick...... Yes indeedio yeeeeeehaaa...... 😎😊

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/08/2018 20:26  

Fabby lil day with my lil rescue nutta 😍😍 she stretched right over edge of towpath to fetch apple out canal........ It's our new "fetch" toy.... Apples..... Yesss we is starting to has adventures 😀

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/09/2018 21:12  

Heehee noo funny enough she dont..... Well it depends on the variety but most towpath apple trees are quince or the like so a bit tart!!!...... She loves chasing and "finding" them when they bounce into hedge 😁😁..... Easily pleased 😌

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/09/2018 21:19  

Defo chick 😁😁 she's always up fir a game and brings things back now for me to throw agsin etc..... We has fun 😀 and she's so happy now and she didn't react to gunshots today either...... She a brave gal

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/09/2018 21:28  

Fingers crossed Mr Ambrose will be OK and just ignore them mostly..... I have a feeling the really loud bangs will freak her, unsurprisingly!!! It sounds like bombs going off sometimes

Where I wS moored last year the Rooks had all roosted (a sight to behold every night as must be 100 of em or more) anyway the fireworks start and all the rooks start making a racket and all fly off scared...... Gawd only knows what all the other wildlife and pets feel......
I'll make her a den and turn the music right up!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/09/2018 19:52  

if you want to help calm pets, especially with fireworks, use one of the plug ins (showing my ignorance here, can you use a plug in on a boat?). plenty out there, Feliway, adaptil. These are what I used my old puddy tat and the lab I had. It obviously doesn't stop them reacting to the sound (and the vibration) but it does keep them a bit calmer. You can get em at vets, petsathome or interwebby. I back onto a park so I have fireworks going for at least a month or so prior to and after bonfire night.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 19/09/2018 14:05  

Thanks fir the recommendations Rowanblossom chick 😊 x I have her on a product called Yucalm jyst on day three and they have git goid reviews and made by Lintbells whose other products I've used for years do fingers crossed...... But yes I can use a plug in alongside tgat...... Only trouble is (as you thought) on a boat in order to plug in those I have to turn my Inverter on and that along with the plug in itself uses a lot of battery power and I can't run my engine to top up batteries after 8pm and obviously no sun fir my solar........ So in the day yess...... But at night, not really ideal...... I burn jostiks and I'll play radio loud...... (it's a 12v car stereo) so runs off battery without using much power......
Here endeth the lesson in boat power....... 😂 😂 😂

P. S. Yep....... Pretty bbrrrrill day...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/09/2018 20:50  

Brrrrillll day, walking and looking after wee furbabies oh and I loved learning about the boating life Suzi, thanks chica xxx

PS Hi RowanB Hope you well lovey xx

Update Reply
Lulu7 @ 20/09/2018 20:59  

Ahhhh you won't want to give ratties 🐀 🐀 💜 back Dee 😊😊 xx

Brrrrrrill day here moving my boaty and my dawgie learning all about new things called locks and seeing another little notch of confidence in her with the new challenges 😍😍😀

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/09/2018 18:20  

Really good day as it turned out 😊😊. Lol Cat the Hindu goddess?? X

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/10/2018 19:56  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email