MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Cats!

Cats! - Forums [Biker Match] Cats! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Cats!

So there I was in the kitchen, quietly perusing the internet on my laptop and having a coffee, when one of our cats comes in and saunters off into the quite corner to use the litter tray. Nothing unusual in that of course.
However, whatever she has been eating today is obviously determined that it still wants a goods night rest before it's ready to face the harsh reality of ejection from it's warm, comfy, little burrow into the unforgiving desert of the kitty litter.

So despite the most amazing pelvic gyrations, belly rolls, and swiveling contortions of the hips - the sort that would make you desperate to get her quickly bladdered up and home from the nightclub if she was a woman - it stubbornly refuses to depart.

Being a Cat, she then does what comes naturally and plonks butt firmly on the ground with legs up around her ears, and starts dragging her sorry arse around the kitchen floor.
Now this might work very well out in the garden with some nice abrasive dry grass with a high friction content, but on my (albeit cheap and badly laid) laminate floor all it does it lay a trail that would make Snakes & Ladders proud and that a blind bloodhound with sinusitis who had been snorting too much charlie could follow after 6 months.

So I jump off the stool loudly shouting "No!" (because I know the cat understands the menacing look in my eyes even if her English is poor) and try to pounce on her to pop her outside. Of course, being a cat she evades me with cursory disdain, ducks under the cupboard, jumps on my stool, across the laptop, sails magnificently over my coffee with an elegant leap - and halfway through the arc of her jump, the unwanted squatter decides the eviction process just isn't worth the hassle, and drops off. Right into my coffee mug.

It was my favourite mug too.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/09/2017 19:54  

Shoulda got yaself a dog, like mine.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/09/2017 20:01  

What a beautiful picture you paint! Hahaha that is too funny 😂

Update Reply
She11 @ 27/09/2017 20:26  

You do realise,that if cats evolve to the point where they grow thumbs,we're ALL f**ked..as it is we're just their servants anyway...

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 27/09/2017 22:02  

I love them and hate them in equal measure.
Affectionate, great company, lap warmers. Destroyers of chairs, sofas, and carpet.
And they stop me being a little spontaneous at weekends

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/09/2017 11:46  

I have literally become a cat cuddle station EVERY evening and if I DARE to try to do anything else they both protest loudly and start bouncing from windowsill to chair, footstool, sofa, coffee table, drawers and table none stop until I sit down again!

As Panuno says; I love 'em both just as much as I hate how they control my life!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 28/09/2017 13:54  

All 4 of my cats use me as a foodbank and B&B...their only donation to the household are a steady stream of (usually) dead fieldmice,shredded tweet(pigeon or magpie),live slow-worms (with shortened tail,often)...puzzled looking frogs,and a newt(once),all placed on the kitchen floor...happy daze,and paws for thought..

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 28/09/2017 17:32  

https://simonscat.com/films/

always a good chuckle

Update Reply
oddbod @ 29/09/2017 21:12  

Thought I would have salmon for tea ... 

Got the salmon out of the fridge, unwrapped it began to prepare my meal and the world began to unravel rapidly... Ninja cats, silently but deadly mysteriously appeared at my feet.   

I continued, a little disconcerted by their presence, they usual don't bother me in the kitchen. 

Yowling, mewling and general noise making filled every space in my kitchen. Assaulting every one of my senses. Feline aerobatics quickly followed (they know not to jump on the worktops, so jumped up n down at shoulder height) astonishingly bouncy and quite elegant as they flew around the kitchen for 5 minutes solid.   

I gave up, cats had salmon, I made do with chicken
. Btw Simon's cat is purrfect entertainment!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 29/09/2017 22:30  

On my return from the Barmouth camp, my two had lovingly left out bunting welcoming me home from my trip, from the loo roll holder down the stairs and into the kitchen

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 29/09/2017 22:38  

Even worse when they work together. Boss cat has a canine accomplice in the house - they even share a feeding bowl at times - and I'll swear they work as a team when it comes to stealing food.
Number two cat is a lady. She denies everything, but knows more than she's letting on, I'm sure.

Update Reply
Wills @ 30/09/2017 00:20  

Most Evil cat i ever had was called Eric,part siamese,all demon...type that would bring in (dead) wild rabbits,catch a magpie in mid flight,wade in reeds to catch baby ducklings on a pond.....but would love nothing more than to wriggle into your jumper for a snooze..jekyll/hyde syndrome...miss him to bits

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 30/09/2017 10:19  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email