MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Not an easy decsion to make.

Not an easy decsion to make. - Forums [Biker Match] Not an easy decsion to make. - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Not an easy decsion to make.

This is probably one of the hardest things I have had to put into words but ........... The time has come to sell the VFR. I have not come to this decision lightly, but to be honest my four or five rides a year at the moment do not justify the expense of keeping it and running it. My missus says sell it and then see how I am when I retire. I spend so much time at work and also my fishing, grandkids, and now my investment in the Mondeo Estate I always wanted have put me in the position where something has to go.

So, anyone want to buy the VFR ? Keep it in the 'family' ? Serviced every 2 years at dealers, always garaged and mothered to death lol.

I intend to stay on this site as I have made a lot of friends on here, and don't want to lose touch totally, so please invite me on any socials. There are also some people I am still looking forwards to meeting. You may know, or suspect, who you are.

I am going to do RTTW 10th anniversary and then I am going to put it up for sale.

If things go according to plan, I am still looking at Route 66 the year after next, and then maybe re-emerge as a Cruiser rider. We'll see. But hey....I never say never.

AJ

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 23/09/2017 21:00  

Oh AJ, that's not good, such a shame

Poor 'Marigold'... Hope she finds a new owner who pampers her as much as you have!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 23/09/2017 21:33  

Why don't you put the grand babies on ebay an keep the VFR?

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 23/09/2017 21:34  

Marigold lol I never did give her a name.

Ebay my Grandkids.....make Christmas a bit cheaper

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 23/09/2017 23:50  

Sorry to hear this AJ but its probably not been an easy thing to decide but hope to see you at RTTW and at Bm events

Update Reply
shelleygirl @ 25/09/2017 20:40  

Not easy at all Shelley, fancy meeting at Bassetts for the ride to RTTW ?

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 25/09/2017 23:13  

I'm joining up at Strensham Services, but I'll keep an eye out for you on the day AJ.. Hope it all works out for you.. :)

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 26/09/2017 09:21  

Gutted for you. Hope that's not a decision I ever have to make.

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 30/09/2017 17:23  

Sell it, put the money in the bank and when the urge strikes again buy another bike.
Expect the urge about April '18!

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 30/09/2017 21:53  

I got the urge now mate, and I still have the bike

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 30/09/2017 22:52  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email