MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Twonks On Roads

Twonks On Roads - Forums [Biker Match] Twonks On Roads - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Twonks On Roads

Coming back from France this summer,having sampled their un-dreamt-of road sense and manners,made me realise just how many badly driven vehicles are on our tiny,crowded island....over there,didn't see one accident ,no huge holdups or deserted ,coned-off ,roadworks...and the only near miss i saw was a GB plated car and caravan(quelle suprise!)...straight off Eurotunnel and onto the 6 lane carpark that is the M25..welcome home indeed....

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 18/09/2017 08:09  

AND whilst i'm on a rant...what is this attraction for bloody drivers to straddle/cross double white lines on blind bends!!!! One day Chummy,i'll be coming the other way in 3 +1/2 tons(unladen) of Janis the Mercedes Minibus...you'll be a messy grille ornament...GRRRRRRR

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 18/09/2017 08:13  

Best wishes to all involved, except the twonk.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/09/2017 08:13  

AND...at least when the French decide to tar and grit a country road,they put signs up several hundred metres ahead warning of GRAVILLONS!! instead of the corner before....most of their country backroads are better condition than our pothole - strewn A roads...rant over till i finish my coffee...

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 18/09/2017 08:18  

Perhaps it should be compulsory for ALL to ride a 30mph moped for 6 months before they ever get behind the wheel of a car,show them what real life is like...and now they're going to let learners onto motorways,sound thinking that,pmsl

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 18/09/2017 08:21  

I remember being taken on the A1 to mimic driving on a motorway when I was learning Jinxy. But now that so much of it has been upgraded to motorway status, and those parts that haven't are dreadful, then I can't see any difference to be fair.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/09/2017 12:05  

.....and twonk of the day yesterday............... on our approach to roundabout in dark,wet conditions, and almost there, arse of the month decided to overtake us, pull in front, then slam on as another car was already on the R'bout so he couldn't race straight over.

You all just know what we were thinking dontcha!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/09/2017 12:10  

Don't think I'm breaking any confidences by saying that a BM member was forced onto the grass verge over the weekend by a car that didn't check his mirrors.
Even worse, the driver didn't even stop. Grrr... Rider seriously battered and bruised but nothing broken, bike (Bandit 600) a write-off, sadly.

Update Reply
Wills @ 18/09/2017 13:27  

Blimey Wills, that's awful. Thank goodness the BM member is ok - as far as it goes.

Any chance you got the car reg? Or got the thing on a helmet cam?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/09/2017 14:58  

PB, I wasn't a witness, but I gather that those who were, were too concerned about the rider rather than the registration of the car involved. Silver older Corsa, I'm told, but nowhere near enough for the police to try and trace.
A very similar thing happened to me a few years back, but with a much happier ending. Even so, 65mph along the grass verge on a big tourer is not an experience I want to repeat.

Update Reply
Wills @ 18/09/2017 19:13  

Beginning to consider fitting a discreet camera into Rudolph's nosecone when it's finally fitted onto the clocks....at least there's evidence stored then...nearly ran a bloke over in Cirencester today,this pedestrian twonk was too busy staring at his phone to notice a big white bus till i blasted the horns...

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 18/09/2017 20:17  

Smart phones have gps, camera and a heap processing power. I wish someone would write an app that flashes up a message to say "road ahead you fuckwit" ....

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 18/09/2017 20:54  

it would have to be in emoji form for the buggers to understand it!!!! Jused to twonks. You would not be surprised to find out how many you can fit into a six mile commute!

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 19/09/2017 06:25  

@Catkins

No mention of police interest in the Twonk driver so far...are they at least interviewing the driver with a view to prosecute?

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 20/09/2017 07:51  

That's really good news re mum and baby Catkins, and lets hope the passenger pulls through -after all, even though he was in the car that caused the crash, he wasn't the one driving.

I just have no comment re the driver who caused all of that!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/09/2017 09:50  

Another near miss tonight...children on my bus,too...grrr. Going along a single track country lane,with tall hedges and many blind corners,braking for a 180 degree downhill bend when who should pop up but a black Mercedes Estate doing 30mph too much for that road/corner..she hit the grass bank one side in her determination to batter through at all costs,then had the bloody cheek to blast her horn at us,having missed my vehicle by millimeters...hope hubby understands YOUR side of the story,madam,i have cameras facing front and back on my bus....i'm doing the same route tomorrow,hope you're going slower then....

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 20/09/2017 19:14  

On my way to work,I could tell exactly where the recycling waste wagons had been by the amount of debris scattered along our village roads...I know they work to a tight schedule, in crap conditions,but 4 pint milk containers aren't invisible....:(

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 21/09/2017 09:18  

On the same theme,why do all the tossers who buy junk food and crap coffee ,( to devour whilst driving their loud hatchback one handed...) WHY do these assholes throw their wrappers,cups etc.straight out the window....bet it's never outside their own gaff...but then again....have we parented the Ignorant Tosser Generation...??

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 21/09/2017 09:29  

I think you might be right, Jinx. And the Ignorant Tosser Generation have parented Generation Snowflake. The human race truly is f*cked.

The sooner somebody presses the big red button and exterminates us the better. The planet can then heal itself and we can spend the next few million years evolving from whatever we originated from, back into a pack of arseholes again. Rinse and repeat.

Humans, what a f*cking mess!!

And in my duties as best man........

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/09/2017 10:11  

Wales appears to have more than it's fair share of 'Double Line Dancers' judging by the number of close shaves i had on the way back from Barmouth...wish i'd been in Janis...

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 24/09/2017 20:02  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email