MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

NEW FEATURE: New chatroom!

NEW FEATURE: New chatroom! (3) - Forums [Biker Match] NEW FEATURE: New chatroom! (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

NEW FEATURE: New chatroom!

It is possible... but don't you think that people would just NEVER go in again if they didn't see it flashing?
People would see the blue and associate it (after some time) as being empty. They'd never open it and it would stagnate again.

Now at least you have to open, post something and hope to get a chat going.

With a flashing icon, which is possible and I'm not ruling it out, we would have to rely on some members going into it and starting a conversation knowing nobody was using it.

Thoughts?

Update Reply
Matt @ 24/10/2017 14:43  

ADDED! ChatFlap will now flash (fade in and out). The faster it pulses the busier the chatroom is.

What do you think? If we don't like it I can remove it.

Update Reply
Matt @ 24/10/2017 16:28  

It's worth a try!

Although on my android phone it seems to fade dark grey to pale grey ... Not a problem for me, but I don't know where the 'blue' you refer to above is... P'raps my phone is just being a bit glum!

But the fading draws the eye, as said previously it was so unobtrusive that I after I got used to it I never noticed it.

Fingers crossed eh? 😉

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 24/10/2017 16:54  

Hello all.........not really into chat room forum's but I'd thought I'd give it a go seeing as Matt and his team have worked so hard at upgrading the site. My name is Glenn (Grizzly) and I'm in Richmond North Yorkshire.

Regards & best wishes to one and all.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/10/2017 16:58  

Hey 'Grizzly' hope you are managing to find your way around. If you have any questions just shout out and I'm sure plenty of Mods/members will help 😀

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 24/10/2017 17:03  

Hey Lindsay, thank you. I'm not the quickest with these things, lol, bit of a techno biff with computers, lol. Been with Biker Match for a couple of years now and jumping into the Forum is a first.

Grizzly.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/10/2017 17:14  

Awesome to see new faces in the chatroom. Welcome aboard mate

Update Reply
Matt @ 24/10/2017 17:59  

How come when I post in the chatroom I press send and post disappears, cant see any of them and have no idea whether its on or not. Cant get involved in chats if I cant see my own posts.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/10/2017 19:37  

Yarg I'm in chat ATM , try it now

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 24/10/2017 20:04  

Yarg please go here for me and copy the link it gives you...

www.whatsmybrowser.org

Update Reply
Matt @ 24/10/2017 21:48  

Matt, chat flap is grey, always has been, on my screen, Samsung shite mobile.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 29/10/2017 07:21  

Matt, four or five of us in chat tonight, no chat flap blinking (for want of a better word!)😉Did you have a change of heart n remove it or is it on strike?

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 01/11/2017 21:31  

Still finding my way around.

Grizzly.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/11/2017 21:24  

Bug found and fixed! Thanks

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/11/2017 08:33  

Oooh I'm liking the fact that ya can click on the member name in chat n it opens up their profile. Where have I been??? Only just found this by accident ... 😵😁👌👍

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 14/11/2017 21:57  

Fat fingers bothering you again? Lol

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/11/2017 22:22  

Possibly😊😳.

It's good that my lil stubby pinkies are still finding stuff, even if it is by accident! 😉

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 15/11/2017 00:26  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email