MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

NEW FEATURE: New chatroom!

NEW FEATURE: New chatroom! (2) - Forums [Biker Match] NEW FEATURE: New chatroom! (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

NEW FEATURE: New chatroom!

ChatFlap button fixed for safari/apple browsers. It was also not working on some older android phones - now fixed. So the button should appear AND work now for everyone.

Jinx, I just booted up my prehistoric Samsung Galaxy S4 and was able to open your profile and photos using the basic/standard internet browser.
However, my friend using iPhone still can't open your profile.
I've asked my friends on Facebook here in Holland if someone can lend me an old iPhone for testing. So far no joy.

Update Reply
Matt @ 09/09/2017 23:49  

Works OK on my Android (Nougat) phone and also my old iPad2.

Update Reply
Wills @ 11/09/2017 00:21  

Thanks, good to know it's working more and more.
Now to get it used more and more (think it will be when we swap over to the new website)

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/09/2017 11:42  

just tried chat on my old (steam driven) lappy and I am very happy to report that IT WORKS! YIPPPEEEE!!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 11/09/2017 21:46  

No colour to the text? Well that's a step back. It's easier to follow conversation when a colour is associated with a chatter.

Since I stopped using a PC my typing speed has dropped considerably, that's why I don't use the chat room anymore.

I'm waiting for the new site to be fully functioning before I use it. I can't be doing with all this toing and froing.

Can't say I understand why standard members will get nearly as many benefits as premium members. I think we'll lose quite a lot of premium members. Just my HO

Update Reply
Sandi @ 14/09/2017 15:32  

Sandi, just to clarify about standard members getting more features. This is temporary! Just to get more people to move over to the new site.

I may next year try something completely new... making the site free completely for everyone, with a small popup sometimes asking people to donate.
If it works and people donate we'll keep it. If not we'll go back to the old system.

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/09/2017 17:35  

Flap chat bar opens too willingly on my desktop...overlaps stuff I'm clicking on in other tabs...such as photo album.

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 18/09/2017 19:34  

Nick, what operating system/browser & versions etc?

Update Reply
Matt @ 19/09/2017 08:24  

Windows desktop.
32' HD monitor...
W7 Pro 32 / W8.1 Pro 64 bit

Firefox browser.

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 19/09/2017 08:56  

I've uploaded 3 images to an album called BM Beta on my profile.
Used your profile pics as a comparison to see difference in how they display.
Although - with respect - I did find someone with a lovelier smile :)
Hope that helps.

You can see with Marsha's image that the picture overlaps the chatroom tab, so with touch / click functions, they collide.

My profile pics - as the user logged in - displays images tabbed to the left with no scroll option.

Yours shows a set of images across the page in a landscape mode.

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 19/09/2017 09:24  

Fixed. Now when you open photos it will hide the flap, and when you close photos the flap will come back.

But - i see in your screenshot you're not really seeing all of the flap, just part of it. Weird.

Update Reply
Matt @ 19/09/2017 20:26  

Matt, you may not want to hear this but the 'chat flap' (that sounds SO wrong!) has disappeared on my phone I didn't have a problem before and it was there on Friday evening. It disappeared over the weekend sometime (gone on holiday perhaps?!) I tried on Monday and gave up n used the old site. It's not been seen since. Don't know what else to say except ...Grrrrr!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 27/09/2017 07:12  

My catflap is still in my back door,so must be just the others...

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 27/09/2017 17:25  

Hmmm, nothing has changed to be honest. I was away all weekend and didn't change anything in the code at all.

Try pressing CTRL+F5 (Windows, not sure about Apples). Also log out and back in again.

I see the Chat flap now and can use it

Update Reply
Matt @ 28/09/2017 10:20  

I tried that and it's still not there ...

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 28/09/2017 13:48  

Bang it on the table

Update Reply
JP @ 28/09/2017 17:32  

What the 'chat flap' or the Mobile? Err, how hard n how many times would you suggest Mr P?

Oh yeah n should I stand on one leg with my arm raised above my head ??!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 28/09/2017 20:04  

I'm with JP on this one, just bang it on the table.

What browser are you using? Mobile vs desktop? Can you try some other devices for me? Need to know if it's your browser or account

Update Reply
Matt @ 28/09/2017 20:36  

Woohoo, 'The Flap' is back, just tried it! Sooo it disappeared, then reappeared on android phone BUT disappeared on iPad .... Oooh SPOOKY!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 02/10/2017 23:25  

Matt, I don't know if you saw the suggestion xsuzix made in Chat, with regards to the 'flap', the other day?

So putting it out there for your consideration (personally I thought was was a great idea, don't know about everyone else) ....

What if the 'flap' could flash when someone is posting?

My suggestion is even if it was only when chat hadn't been used for a period of time. Rather than constantly when conversation is taking place, just have it flash intermittently

It is so unobtrusive that I no longer notice it when in the forums.

Don't know if it possible or indeed whether you/others would want it to?

Great idea💡 xsuzix

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 12/10/2017 17:38  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email