MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Tyre Price Checking

Tyre Price Checking - Forums [Biker Match] Tyre Price Checking - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Tyre Price Checking

I've come across a firm that seems to be consistently cheaper than most others for road bike tyres,might be worth a look if you're shopping for tyres anytime soon...and they do free delivery...link below

https://www.oponeo.co.uk/

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 29/08/2017 16:41  

Quite a few members in my club use these people, no problems with them, and they are definitely cheaper than a lot of places.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/08/2017 17:37  

£30 cheaper than anywhere else for a new rear boot for my Speed Triple,and that's a Metzeler,not a dodgy unheard of brand...

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 29/08/2017 18:07  

Got a great deal from M & P for some Avon Storms last week, worth checking

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 29/08/2017 20:06  

Their 'Pairs deals' was how i ended up on Metzelers,Feistygirl,just need a rear for now,but i will be watching their winter offers for sure..:)

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 29/08/2017 21:40  

The whole mail order tyre thing is bad news for us motorcyclists.
Like everything else that's cheaper on the web local dealers can't compete (obviously) so will stop stocking bike tyres.
Away on holiday and need a new tyre? No sir we don't stock them any more, but you can get one delivered to your campsite in 3 days time.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 30/08/2017 07:31  

I looked at online tyres some time back and decided that by the time I had taken the wheel off changed the tyre then took and paid for it it to be balanced there wasn't enough saving to make it worthwhile for the road bikes when I had the XR it saved a bit of cash as I never had that balanced

Update Reply
JP @ 30/08/2017 07:49  

I am on the Wirral and either shoot down to Demon Tweeks or often cheaper still is an excellent place In Birkenhead called SRT Motorcycles Ltd.. They are proper racers, have a workshop and a shop with accessories and spares. Prices are always best around for fitted.

Update Reply
RC8R @ 22/11/2017 18:57  

I can rate oponeo all good except for constant bombardment of ads..l used tyre leader in December for a pirelli knobbly and it tokk 5 (FIVE) weeks to arrive-there site says three days..it did come from the US tho..a lot of emails and phone calls determined the courier 'lost' the original order. It was a good twenty pounds cheaper than anywhere else & paid dividends in the snow which fell two days after l fitted it 😅

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/01/2018 14:23  

Heard and used similar - need to check on the age of the tyre - yes, how long ago it was made. I think its something to do with a Euro ruling and tyres having to be discounted after a certain age?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/01/2018 15:15  

Yes ducat, you are correct. Minimum age restrictions apply in the majority of the EU (but not all..typ. EU disorganisation)
I think it is a four year limit- the manufacture date is housed in a semi-circular ended rectangle on the tyre wall & my US pirelli was already a year old when l recieved it. I have it on a spare rim & intend to keep it for fun in the snow...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/01/2018 16:41  

There is no maximum age limit in the UK tyres. Its down to the condition of the tyre.

If the tyre is very old ie 10 or 12 years they start to go hard but how and where its storred also has an effect.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/02/2018 08:39  

Hi stuie, you are correct..the eu standard does not apply in the uk for some reason, l am lucky if l get 12 months out of a rear tyre anyhow..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/02/2018 16:25  

Yea I know what you mean. Depends on which bike Im riding but I normally get through between 2 and 5 sets of tyres a year.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/02/2018 16:52  

I had some metzler racetecs on my ZX9R..awsome performance, but 5000 miles and the rear was scrubbed away. I remember l seriously enjoyed those 5000 miles though..lol..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/02/2018 19:10  

All my tyres from Tyreleader have been fresh, only a couple of months old. But I remember a pal who bought an unworn second hand tyre from ebay and was pleased that it was only a year old. What he didn't realize was that the 3-digit date code meant it was eleven years old.

Update Reply
Eiron @ 04/02/2018 21:34  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email