MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

I Hate front paddock stands

I Hate front paddock stands  - Forums [Biker Match] I Hate front paddock stands  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

I Hate front paddock stands

Its time front paddock stands were a lot better than they are my old stand wont go under new bike and even when you do there not good at best of times .
Anyone know a really good one?

Update Reply
dennyboo @ 04/08/2017 07:51  

Switch to using a small hydraulic lift....puts the whole machine in the air in one hit - so to speak

Cost is about the same, when you factor in two stands...!

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 04/08/2017 07:59  

Buy a paddock stand that goes into the headstock instead of under the forks.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/08/2017 09:10  

A 2" x 4" and about 10ft of rope?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/08/2017 09:19  

Abbastand with front wheel removal kit. Both wheels can be removed together and the bike is perfectly stable. easy to use and if you change bike all you have to buy is new bike specific adapters at a low cost. Brilliant piece of kit for the hassle it saves!

Update Reply
red_daytona @ 04/08/2017 17:26  

thanks guys the headstock is the one I fancied to be honest but then I thought hell theres about three inches from my mudguard to my nose fairing this aint gunna work
seen the abba lifts too there expensive but must admit they do look good

Update Reply
dennyboo @ 04/08/2017 19:11  

I have a bike lift (platform/scissor lift), and it came with another small flat jack that goes under the engine and lifts the front. The whole thing is a brilliant bit of kit, but the company it came from (www.saluk.info) has since closed down

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/08/2017 19:18  

but I don't want to have to take fairings off just to take front wheel off everything is getting so daft these days

Update Reply
dennyboo @ 04/08/2017 19:28  

Depends on styling of bike, Denny - I agree.

But usually, a bike lift will cover most options.
And it's usually more stable - and really can't be doing with the hassle of different adaptors for the personal fleet. Pain in the butt, if you ask me.
Have you checked any out?

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 04/08/2017 19:49  

OK...posted a link to a firm I use for kit.

Probably not far from you, to be honest.

Have a browse....:

https://www.workshopping.co.uk/category/motorcycle-lifts/488/

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 04/08/2017 19:52  

Isn't buying a motorcycle lift defeating the object of raising the front wheel off the floor for removal which is what is required as stated a few posts back? Hence the original request stating the need for a decent FRONT paddock stand.
Cue the Abbastand which can do both and is very stable. Watch the videos on Youtube. If you time it when they have offers on you can get the fitting kit for your bike free. Alternative ones are around £20 new if you change bikes or look on ebay for both stands and kits second hand.

Update Reply
red_daytona @ 04/08/2017 20:12  

Well..if you really wanna keep it simple, take it to the edge of a kerb and put a thermalite / wooden block under the engine

I guess it's looking at one thing can do several, rather than filling space people might not have.

Take your point of view, but I find them limited.
Thanks for the feedback

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 04/08/2017 20:26  

Thanks nick but I want to take the wheel off not lift the bike. Bikes should have a fitment for a removable center stand how stupid is it not to have one its called common sense.
The abba lifts are brill but very expensive
Ive found a headstock one that says it will fit my bike , but I carnt see how a three inch gap between mudguard and fairing could possibly incorporate this item .
I have been in my garage and may have found the answer I have put rear square swing arm brackets on to front paddock stand and it works perfect on the brake bracket and is stable but its slightly catching on the disc will see tomorrow morning if I can get wheel off , thanks for everyones feedback appreciated

Update Reply
dennyboo @ 04/08/2017 20:34  

The trouble is with my bike the brake bracket is near level with the bottom of the forks so the two prong brackets on most paddock stands has nowhere to go ie back of forks so the front prong is missing the fork leg and sliding forward as I try lift it so its just not compatable with the two prong lifts

Update Reply
dennyboo @ 04/08/2017 20:37  

Red do you have one of those abba lifts and what sort of price did you pay if you don't mind me asking

Update Reply
dennyboo @ 04/08/2017 20:38  

I do have one indeed hence my enthusiasm for them. I think I paid £140 for the stand, front lifting kit,and adapters plus someting daft like £6.95 postage. I also bought a little adapter thingy to go on the swingarm for the strap to pull on to lift the front wheel. that was about a fiver. You don't have to get that though you can strap over the swingarm in a lot of cases. They also don't take up a lot of room if space is at a premium and are easily chucked into the boot of a car to go to your mates etc. if they borrow it.

Update Reply
red_daytona @ 04/08/2017 21:36  

Thanks red I will have a look on ebay time I got a decent stand its stupid not to

Update Reply
dennyboo @ 05/08/2017 00:00  

A bike without a centre stand is incomplete

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 07/08/2017 07:56  

Totally agree with you steve and why don't they allow for one even if its a removable one its so pathetic

Update Reply
dennyboo @ 07/08/2017 23:00  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email