MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

tyres

tyres  (3) - Forums [Biker Match] tyres  (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

tyres

Dennyboo, i recommend a paperback book you could probably find cheap on Amazon or Ebay..it's called "Is That Thing A Diesel?" By Paul Carter..it's very funny...:)

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 05/08/2017 10:09  

He wont talk to me anymore Yarg thinks theres summat wrong wi me and we know that's not true don't we !

Update Reply
dennyboo @ 05/08/2017 11:13  

Ill check that out Jinx cheers diesel bikes got to be heavy surely

Update Reply
dennyboo @ 05/08/2017 11:14  

@ Dennyboo just uploaded 4 pics of RE on my profile 2 of which it has 2 peoples camping gear on it [taken on trip down to South Wales]
The bike is a 500 cc Chrome Classic .The trip to S. Wales was 231 miles each way and with 80 miles or so run around while there used 25 litres of fuel [13.2 tank capacity]
The diesel bike that they make is a 350 cc and weighs same as mine at about 190 kgs [500lbs in English]

Update Reply
Quietman2 @ 05/08/2017 11:50  

wowzer thanks QM it look s like an original is chrome and paint ok ?
I could get into stuff like this
Bet the diesel bike is very slow as it wont have a turbo on will it ???
Carnt see them doing any good tbh but coud see someone like BMW doing something there
Appreciate the trouble you gone to thankyou

Update Reply
dennyboo @ 05/08/2017 12:37  

Think they still do the diesel bike rally,the big knock.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=prpK_yMF0Vc

Dennyboo the oil splurge I get is not too serious just can't wear ma best pants on rides lol
It only does it on a very very hard ride and the discharge is a very light occasional mist,that you only notice when parked up. It doesn't affect performance or deplete oil in my tank.
There are apparently a few modifications you can perform,or it is something you get used to and just live with,as part of riding a Sporty

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 05/08/2017 12:54  

There was a Dutch company making a conversion to fit into the 94 - 99 Triumph Tiger, three cylinder turbo diesel ..here's the link..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7BqPBvVuyY

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 05/08/2017 16:07  

OMG I have watched those videos Iam gob smacked thanks guys I don't believe I have never seen one on the road or anywhere else still stick with me petrol though lol

Update Reply
dennyboo @ 05/08/2017 17:03  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email